iphone14pro + AW = no computer?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

Wait until you meet my diehard Apple friends who insist on doing everything with Apple products - include using Apple watch and mounting an iPhone on handlebar. They make fun of my Garmin and said its OS is from the 80's. It's a cult. All I've been telling them is all my bikes look so pro. I guess they don't get it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EdWiser

by EdWiser

As someone who uses Apple products. I would never use an iPhone as a bike computer. Waste of battery time. Better to use a specific device.

AJS914

by AJS914

and mounting an iPhone on handlebar. They make fun of my Garmin and said its OS is from the 80's. It's a cult
There's a few out there. I'm surprised that you know so many. I've never seen, what I'd call, a serious cyclist do this. Everybody has a dedicated bike computer. I have one friend who does the quad lock thing with his iphone but he hardly rides so he's too cheap to buy a Garmin.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Surely the best option for WW is to use an Apple Watch cellular and leave the phone at home? No killing the camera in your £/€/$1000 phone and you have a super aero setup to boot! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicagocyclist

by chicagocyclist

I just go with a forerunner 945. Records everything that a dedicated bike computer can, has heart rate built in without having to wear an extra strap, and is way lighter and more aero. Only thing is not having a nice big screen in front of you but it's just a quick flip of my wrist if I want to see any real time stats.

schlafen

by schlafen

Trying to find the quadlock base adapter I used with the flat top handlebar/stem and I'll post a picture of my A51 phone setup.