Vittoria MAstik One glue manufacturing problem ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LouisN

by LouisN

I find some here and there on the net, but from my LBS owner, who struggled to find some anwhere from all distributors in NA, I suspect there is a problem from production. I saw also many EU stores are out of stock...EVEN on Vittoria's website !
I know Tubulars are not the "flavour of the day", but still... :(
Maybe something to do with the Mastik Pro fiasco... :?

If you have a good canadian contact, feel free to send it here :).

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

blaugrana

by blaugrana

It's true. In the EU I still see stock on some smaller shops that sell online but probably don't show up on most international Google searches, but all relatively major shops are out of stock. The thing with tubulars however is that while niche, they were used on the road until recently, but now they became something used almost exclusively in CX, so probably the demand has gone from being more or less stedy to extremely seasonal. So maybe they just overestimated the fall in demand and now that everyone is starting to get their CX tubulars glued for the season there is just not enough?

But who knows, maybe you are right and something went wrong with production. Luckily I still have a few 30g tubes that should be enough for this season, but I might restock just in case, if things don't seem to get better.

blutto

by blutto

LouisN wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:56 pm
I find some here and there on the net, but from my LBS owner, who struggled to find some anwhere from all distributors in NA, I suspect there is a problem from production. I saw also many EU stores are out of stock...EVEN on Vittoria's website !
I know Tubulars are not the "flavour of the day", but still... :(
Maybe something to do with the Mastik Pro fiasco... :?

If you have a good canadian contact, feel free to send it here :).

Was curious and asked my buddy Mr Google .... in very short order we found at least two ( 2 ) pages of availabilities in your native Soviet Canuckistan....read, the sky is not falling quite yet....and if it does you can alway try the Continental rim cement....

Cheers

LouisN

by LouisN

You only "got" the figurative sense of my post. That's ok. Thanks for the precious help.

blutto

by blutto

LouisN wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:38 pm
You only "got" the figurative sense of my post. That's ok. Thanks for the precious help.

My pleasure....

Cheers