saddle advice, almost ok with antares, what next?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tireheb

by tireheb

hello, im in the middle of the saddle quest and want some advice. im a small narrow rider, narrow the key word here. currently using a fizik antares (the old model with no last name, 200gr). and it feels pretty good except that i sometimes rub the nose with my inner legs. not much but if the nose was a bit narrower or shorter i wouldnt have that issue. the other thing that happened the other day was numbness in my genital area, been using for some months and that had never hapened. i think it was because i was wearing some worn out old bibs shorts. ive done a bunch of 3x longer rides with no problem. on the numbess ride i rode 1 hour in tt position with not standing up or anything. lets blame it on the bibs but kinda worried me, had never happened with any saddle.

ill leave my saddle experience in the last paragraph but totally skippable i writte too much.
anyway, any idea of a saddle i should try? i know its trial and error, but cosidering that the antares is almost right, maybe you guys can point me somewhere. or maybe i just get a newer lighter antares (thinking of the R1). thanks guys!
------------------------------

my saddle experience:
before this i had used a prologo nago (everything ok with that but heavy), a fabric alm (comfy but the sharp sides were tearing my bibs, im too narrow), a selle itallia mantra (was not comfy and my inner legs rubbed the nose a lot, the antares is ok to use minor rubbing, here its more of an issue), a specialized power clone (the cushioned one, just coudnt find the correct position, i think cause it was to wide for me).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nejmann

by Nejmann

I've been thru alot of saddles and did use the antares with ok succes before getting the S-works Power.

My ass doesn't like many saddles but been on the power for 9 hours straight and it wasn't my butt who was hurtin'

Find the right width and try the s-works/mirror model

Mocs123

by Mocs123

I've not used the Anteres or the Power, but if you want to try the Power, I know they do make a 130mm version of the Power. For some reason it's a lot harder to find than the 143 or 155mm version.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

req110

by req110

Selle San Marco Shoftfit

older in wide version (144)
newer in narrow version (140)

Carbon FX or Superleggera.
Carbon FX is more flexible, comfortable.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p