Factor Ostro questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boshk

by Boshk

Was/still am considering Factor O2 disc size 52 but have been reading alot of ww forum and fb group and it seems alot of people swear by the Ostro.

Budget wise it is considerably more......maybe I can stretch it maybe not....but a couple of questions have cropped up..
1) How many spacers are available with the frame? anyone have photo or dimension? what is the max?
2) Can I use a normal stem and bar or am I forced to use Black Inc 1 piece?
Reason I ask is because it would make travelling easier I think, especially packing into my Scicon hardware....1 piece bar will not fit, stem and bar should, loosen bar, turn fork, turn bar to hook under top tube

Anyone have photos or info regarding this.

raven14

by raven14

There are 2 spacers delivered with the frame, 1cm and 0.5cm. Also you have the choice between a low topcap and a 1.5cm high topcap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Boshk wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:20 am
Was/still am considering Factor O2 disc size 52 but have been reading alot of ww forum and fb group and it seems alot of people swear by the Ostro.

Budget wise it is considerably more......maybe I can stretch it maybe not....but a couple of questions have cropped up..
1) How many spacers are available with the frame? anyone have photo or dimension? what is the max?
Reason I ask is because it would make travelling easier I think, especially packing into my Scicon hardware....1 piece bar will not fit, stem and bar should, loosen bar, turn fork, turn bar to hook under top tube

1) The Ostro has the same/similar spacers as the O2, the high headset cover is 20mm, not sure about what other spacers are supplied but I'm sure during the ordering process you could ask and they'd throw some in (they did for me).

2) Yes, ish. The cable routing as standard needs to go through the stem and in to the back side of the bars. Black Inc make a separate stem and handlebar that can accomodate this and fits nicely with the included spacers.

Boshk

by Boshk

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:22 am
Boshk wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:20 am

1) The Ostro has the same/similar spacers as the O2, the high headset cover is 20mm, not sure about what other spacers are supplied but I'm sure during the ordering process you could ask and they'd throw some in (they did for me).

2) Yes, ish. The cable routing as standard needs to go through the stem and in to the back side of the bars. Black Inc make a separate stem and handlebar that can accomodate this and fits nicely with the included spacers.
thanks!