Will Campag Potenza (HO) shifters and Crankset work with a Centaur FRONT derailleur?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

OxfordGuy

by OxfordGuy

Hi - Will Campagnolo Potenza (HO) 11-speed shifters and (HO) 50/34 Crankset work with an 11-speed Centaur FRONT derailleur? I have the former Potenza shifters and crankset (and Potenza HO medium cage REAR derailleur) for a build, but can't find a silver Potenza FRONT derailleur anywhere, however 11 speed Centaur FRONT derailleurs are easy to find. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jih

by jih

Don't know about that combination, but I've got Potenza shifters and mech working fine with a centaur (non-HO) crank

OxfordGuy

by OxfordGuy

Thanks jih, also good to know! BTW I think the 11 speed centaur crank is actually to the same functional spec as the HO Potenza crank (just has slightly different styling and is a little heavier). I think they also use the same chainrings.

c50jim

by c50jim

I haven't tried that particular combination but I've used Campagnolo groups since 1995 and have mixed and matched so many different combinations of cranks, shifters, derailleurs and brakes without problems that I'd say you're very unlikely to have a problem using any Campagnolo 11 speed front derailleur with your Potenza parts. Heck, you might even be able to get away with a 10 or 12 speed front derailleur with the Potenza 11 speed parts. Compatibility across lines is one of the great things about Campagnolo except you need the bottom bracket that fits your crank.

OxfordGuy

by OxfordGuy

@c50jim - well Power Shift shifters are not compatible with Ultra Shift rear derailleurs, but I'll be using 2018 model HO Potenza Power Shift shifters with an 2018 model HO Potenza medium cage rear derailleur, so should be no issues there. Bottom bracket cups will be BSA threaded Ultra Torque for the HO Potenza UT crankset. Brake calipers will be 2007 model Chorus differential skeleton brakes. All in silver 😃 Should all play nicely together, I think!