EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

— posted in wrong thread —
Last edited by kode54 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

MagicShite wrote:Some pics of the aerover. :twisted: on the TCR and the Pina Prince.

Can't stress how much I *enjoyed* building this.
Looks great on both bikes. The drops look deeper than specified. Maybe it’s the angle of the picture.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nunokas

by nunokas

Changing emails with Billy Yang from EXS. They are quick and detailed on the answers but... 450$ more shipping costs to Europe...I like the bar but the price/avaibility will make it a rare view outside the asian market :?

mashiehood

by mashiehood

nunokas wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:24 pm
Changing emails with Billy Yang from EXS. They are quick and detailed on the answers but... 450$ more shipping costs to Europe...I like the bar but the price/avaibility will make it a rare view outside the asian market :?
sadly thats the case for me too - love the spec look etc but just too darn expensive (i wont start the whole its chinese non brand so should be cheap... er argument)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

nunokas wrote:Changing emails with Billy Yang from EXS. They are quick and detailed on the answers but... 450$ more shipping costs to Europe...I like the bar but the price/avaibility will make it a rare view outside the asian market :?
Hey guys just confirming that the $450 includes shipping Image

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

nunokas

by nunokas

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:21 pm
nunokas wrote:Changing emails with Billy Yang from EXS. They are quick and detailed on the answers but... 450$ more shipping costs to Europe...I like the bar but the price/avaibility will make it a rare view outside the asian market :?
Hey guys just confirming that the $450 includes shipping Image

Basso Diamante eps 12
You're right.
I meant customs fees.

charirider

by charirider

Too pricey for chinese stuff. Better get Yeoleo for 1/2 the price
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.9kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.8kg

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

charirider wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:01 am
Too pricey for chinese stuff. Better get Yeoleo for 1/2 the price
My thought as well. At this price, I'd rather stick to a brand that has local service and a legal obligation to have safety recalls. Even if at least Wiggle sold thus as a Prime branded bar, I'd feel a bit better about it.

But I'll admit it's a super nice looking bar.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

charirider wrote:Too pricey for chinese stuff. Better get Yeoleo for 1/2 the price
“Chinese stuff”, please explain yourself. This is a small company trying to make high quality products. You can’t compare it to brands like Yoeleo.

This handlebar in particular is wind tunnel tested, one of the lightest on the market. All that comes at a price.

Comments like these don’t belong on a forum like this.

nunokas

by nunokas

Are they still selling to Europe?
Billy Yang is taking time to give me a prediction for a 90/400mm bar...

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:01 pm
charirider wrote:Too pricey for chinese stuff. Better get Yeoleo for 1/2 the price
“Chinese stuff”, please explain yourself. This is a small company trying to make high quality products. You can’t compare it to brands like Yoeleo.

This handlebar in particular is wind tunnel tested, one of the lightest on the market. All that comes at a price.

Comments like these don’t belong on a forum like this.
Chill. He means Chinese like it is no different to far sports, or the other Chinese companies which cannot compare with established giants like Scott, Specialized or European brands like Darimo, THM, MCFK and Gelu for example.

Chinese brands in terms of very very poor dealerships (can't even buy it properly from a dealer in Europe, or USA?) which you can with established brands. No evidence of backed up warranty. Purchases within EU is covered by consumer law protection amongst other things which established manufacturers like Specialized have to accommodate for reflecting the price.

So when he says "Chinese brands" this means you are paying European consumer prices for a product and brand that have zero of the benefits that European sellers must acknowledge. Benefits as mentioned above, consumer protection, policies for warranty claims and pain-free logistics for shipping.

Yes, specialized is from Taiwan or somewhere around the neighborhood but you are buying Specialized Europe that comes with the benefits being inside Europe.

C36

by C36

nunokas wrote:Are they still selling to Europe?
Exs? You mean “yet”? They never had real selling channels outside Asia. Tried to engage with one of the guys behind the brand and can’t say he is very talkative. Shame cause this bar has absolutely everything. Light, adjustable, flare, proper cable routing, large geometry options…

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Seriously guys, the world doesn't revolve around the western parts of the world. Get over yourselves.

These products have proper dealership support and warranty support IF you're located in China, where they have done their very best (in fact one of the finest experience I've ever had) in terms of customer service.

Eventually when they can get their supply chain stabilize I'm sure they'll be looking to expand. Heck if StiffWeenies did not post about this none of you all would even know this product exist.

Please be a bit more rational.

alanyu

by alanyu

C36 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:32 pm
Exs? You mean “yet”? They never had real selling channels outside Asia. Tried to engage with one of the guys behind the brand and can’t say he is very talkative. Shame cause this bar has absolutely everything. Light, adjustable, flare, proper cable routing, large geometry options…
If you meant Aerover only.

Their bars (R150 and R180) have been sold outside Asia through their website. I even helped EXS collect and re-ship to one guy who ordered to DE but moved to FR due to his work change, since I work in CH.

C36

by C36

alanyu wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:03 pm
C36 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:32 pm
If you meant Aerover only.

Their bars (R150 and R180) have been sold outside Asia through their website. I even helped EXS collect and re-ship to one guy who ordered to DE but moved to FR due to his work change, since I work in CH.
Aren't they using Cycling100? few months ago (may I think) when I tried to purchase a bar, they rerouted me to Cycling100 that had quite some problems to deliver. I recontacted them last October and got a 2 line answer so I gave up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com