EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ckspark
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:43 pm

by ckspark

Anyone have a 400 x 110 in the UK that they want to sell? I have given up waiting for a Roval rapide cockpit.

JMOS
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:57 pm

by JMOS

ckspark wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:20 am
Anyone have a 400 x 110 in the UK that they want to sell? I have given up waiting for a Roval rapide cockpit.
https://www.pro-mstore.com/manubrio-spe ... m-26309621

With tax added you should end up somewhere in the msrp ball park

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



ckspark
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:43 pm

by ckspark

JMOS wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:36 am
ckspark wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:20 am
Anyone have a 400 x 110 in the UK that they want to sell? I have given up waiting for a Roval rapide cockpit.
https://www.pro-mstore.com/manubrio-spe ... m-26309621

With tax added you should end up somewhere in the msrp ball park
JMOS wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:36 am
ckspark wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:20 am
Anyone have a 400 x 110 in the UK that they want to sell? I have given up waiting for a Roval rapide cockpit.
https://www.pro-mstore.com/manubrio-spe ... m-26309621

With tax added you should end up somewhere in the msrp ball park
Thanks but they don't have one in stock and I would prefer to buy from the UK.

JMOS
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:57 pm

by JMOS

Too bad, I am positive it was available when I posted the link.

liam7020
Posts: 1293
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:04 am

by liam7020

ckspark wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:20 am
Anyone have a 400 x 110 in the UK that they want to sell? I have given up waiting for a Roval rapide cockpit.
Not sure if it's any use to you but I'm selling this one on UK ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166780614454
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

V35
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:26 am

by V35

ckspark wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:20 am
Anyone have a 400 x 110 in the UK that they want to sell? I have given up waiting for a Roval rapide cockpit.
They just restocked that size 2 hours ago.

ckspark
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:43 pm

by ckspark

V35 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:03 am
ckspark wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:20 am
Anyone have a 400 x 110 in the UK that they want to sell? I have given up waiting for a Roval rapide cockpit.
They just restocked that size 2 hours ago.
Yes I had been in contact with Billy and ordered, thanks. From what I understand, more sizes might be coming.

V35
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:26 am

by V35

Oh great, looks like they're completely sold out again fortunately I was able to order my 420 x 100

V35
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:26 am

by V35

They just restocked 380-110, 400-90, 400-110, 400-120

Co0kieMonster
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:39 pm

by Co0kieMonster

If anyone is looking for the exs aerover in 400 - 110, I am selling mine with a little discount after just one ride (settled in Germany): As I am somehow braindead, I utterly underestimated the -10° angle.

Handlebar comes with the Ti mount (short Go Pro combo with Garmin insert - insert can be changed). Just send me a message if you re looking for one.

Jz91
Posts: 269
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:22 am

by Jz91

alanyu wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:36 am
No issue with their old alu sleeve or new carbon sleeve. They both sit 1.8 mm lower as my transpacer has a step down there.
stevec1975 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:05 am
Anyone have issues when fitting with the carbon spacer (which takes the 1 1/4 OD stem down to 1 1/8) I have 2 of them, one supplied and one from a SL8 kit I ordered separately, both are higher than the actual stem height. This impacts the ability of the top cap to compress the stem onto the headset, as it bottoms out on the spacer.. did everyone just trim the spacer down?
You can contact EXS for replacement. I just asked Kirito and he said you got the old sleeve designed for the old transpacer with a step down. The new sleeve is shorter as the new transpacer has no step down now.

Would you know the height of the new sleeve (just to check)? What's the step down exactly?

Also, when installing, does the lip in the sleeve need to be aligned with the lip of the spacers (aka facing the rider)?

stevec1975
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:37 pm
Location: London

by stevec1975

The SL8 Sleeve is 34mm, I have the split of the spacer aligned to the gap on the stem.
S-Works SL8 - 6.29Kg/13.86Ib
Cervelo S3 Disc - 6.78Kg/14.94Ib
Scott Addict RC - 6.92Kg/15.25Ib
OnOne - Free Ranger - 8.68Kg/19.1Ib
Scott CR1 - 5.69Kg/12.54Ib

alanyu
Posts: 1714
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:10 pm

by alanyu

Jz91 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:49 pm
alanyu wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:36 am
No issue with their old alu sleeve or new carbon sleeve. They both sit 1.8 mm lower as my transpacer has a step down there.
stevec1975 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:05 am
Anyone have issues when fitting with the carbon spacer (which takes the 1 1/4 OD stem down to 1 1/8) I have 2 of them, one supplied and one from a SL8 kit I ordered separately, both are higher than the actual stem height. This impacts the ability of the top cap to compress the stem onto the headset, as it bottoms out on the spacer.. did everyone just trim the spacer down?
You can contact EXS for replacement. I just asked Kirito and he said you got the old sleeve designed for the old transpacer with a step down. The new sleeve is shorter as the new transpacer has no step down now.

Would you know the height of the new sleeve (just to check)? What's the step down exactly?

Also, when installing, does the lip in the sleeve need to be aligned with the lip of the spacers (aka facing the rider)?
The new one is 34-34.5 mm height.

The step down is the sleeve sitting lower than the stem. I don't have the photo of my transpacer and I'm not going to uninstall my bar...

I put the lip facing the front wheel to disperse the stress on the steerer. (I didn't save the FEA comparing lip front vs back)

Jz91
Posts: 269
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:22 am

by Jz91

alanyu wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:38 pm
Jz91 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:49 pm
alanyu wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:36 am
No issue with their old alu sleeve or new carbon sleeve. They both sit 1.8 mm lower as my transpacer has a step down there.
stevec1975 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:05 am
Anyone have issues when fitting with the carbon spacer (which takes the 1 1/4 OD stem down to 1 1/8) I have 2 of them, one supplied and one from a SL8 kit I ordered separately, both are higher than the actual stem height. This impacts the ability of the top cap to compress the stem onto the headset, as it bottoms out on the spacer.. did everyone just trim the spacer down?
You can contact EXS for replacement. I just asked Kirito and he said you got the old sleeve designed for the old transpacer with a step down. The new sleeve is shorter as the new transpacer has no step down now.

Would you know the height of the new sleeve (just to check)? What's the step down exactly?

Also, when installing, does the lip in the sleeve need to be aligned with the lip of the spacers (aka facing the rider)?
The new one is 34-34.5 mm height.

The step down is the sleeve sitting lower than the stem. I don't have the photo of my transpacer and I'm not going to uninstall my bar...

I put the lip facing the front wheel to disperse the stress on the steerer. (I didn't save the FEA comparing lip front vs back)
Thanks, I measured roughly 35mm (did not have a specific tool with me). Was the old sleeve taller by some margin?

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



stevec1975
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:37 pm
Location: London

by stevec1975

Old sleeve was 40mm, I cut it down (and then EXS sent me the replacement anyway)
S-Works SL8 - 6.29Kg/13.86Ib
Cervelo S3 Disc - 6.78Kg/14.94Ib
Scott Addict RC - 6.92Kg/15.25Ib
OnOne - Free Ranger - 8.68Kg/19.1Ib
Scott CR1 - 5.69Kg/12.54Ib

Post Reply