EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

robbosmans wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:46 pm
Hexsense wrote:This bar is definitely isn't for me. I like support area behind shifters as I draw in the picture below. I get it, they carve that area out to save weight and provide more wrist clearance in sprint. But that lack of support in that area would be a deal breaker for me.
YFOdgjI.jpeg
Why would you need support there? Just curious
For wrist/forearm support, when my hands are on the hood and doing 'aero hood', 'egyptian sphynx' position during an attack/surge.
Many time, my forearms are on the bar top inward of the area behind shifter hood as shown in relevant post below. But sometime, I also want to do wide sphynx position for more control. In that case, I get low and aero grabbing outside of the shifter and rest my wrist/forearm behind shifter hood.

Relevant post (narrow sphynx):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=166564&p=1758862&hi ... d#p1758862
The wide sphynx grab outside of shifter hood and rest arms behind shifter hood instead of bar top.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:08 am
Deihlos91 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 pm
Deihlos91 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:39 pm
I want to go with the EXS but not sure if they are release the handlebar in the near future.
Should I wait or go with the Farsports F1?
Do you think guys the EXS is comming lighter then the F1?
You can start with trying to contact the source for the handlebar!
You might actually get facts instead of opinions!
Unfortunately have contacted them about several medias ( Instagram, Email, Facebook) but absolutely no answer.
Maybe somebody else have luck and get some information.
Nope (3 months, no reply) and as mentioned, my request only concerns the aluminium stem!
Got a reply.
First produced batch is already sold out in china.
The second batch is for shipping outside of china.

On my question when it will be available for outside of china, unfortunately no reply anymore.
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

velov

by velov

You'd think we're asking them for money...

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Deihlos91 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:40 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:08 am
Deihlos91 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 pm

You can start with trying to contact the source for the handlebar!
You might actually get facts instead of opinions!
Unfortunately have contacted them about several medias ( Instagram, Email, Facebook) but absolutely no answer.
Maybe somebody else have luck and get some information.
Nope (3 months, no reply) and as mentioned, my request only concerns the aluminium stem!
Got a reply.
First produced batch is already sold out in china.
The second batch is for shipping outside of china.

On my question when it will be available for outside of china, unfortunately no reply anymore.
Not to be rude to EXS, but companies like this have existed before and i am not sure i would wait or even care for these products.
Just imagine if you would have any sort of warranty issues (if you ever got one of these).
It's always wise to stay off products when support are near nil.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Just a very young company trying to make a name for themselves, obviously they wont have the best customer service. The product also just hasn’t been released outside of china so I guess we just have to be patient

MagicShite

by MagicShite

man some of you guys sound quite entitled.

If you follow him on Weibo, you'll understand he's quite overworked and currently sick. It's a one man show operation, cut him some slack.

Plus he's really focused on the domestic market. So I'm not quite sure how'd you expect him to pay more attention to the international export market. There are domestic dealers in China that will deal with your questions. You either wait for an international dealer to pick this up or just, you know, talk to the dealers?

EDIT: Some of you here have no idea how popular his products are in China. It's a solid brand with a lot of credentials.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

MagicShite wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:44 pm

If you follow him on Weibo, you'll understand he's quite overworked and currently sick. It's a one man show operation, cut him some slack.

Plus he's really focused on the domestic market. So I'm not quite sure how'd you expect him to pay more attention to the international export market. There are domestic dealers in China that will deal with your questions. You either wait for an international dealer to pick this up or just, you know, talk to the dealers?

EDIT: Some of you here have no idea how popular his products are in China. It's a solid brand with a lot of credentials.
Yeah, you're right! I might come off a bit to negative. So to say it more friendly. It's easier to have a USA or European dealer than dealing with a super small company.
Ofcourse i understand that one man can't handle all at once. It's not what i'm saying either.
I don't even remember that Asian company who made a super aero bar and it was featured in some magazine. I think they had wheels and all sort of stuff about to be released. That company just disappeared!?
Or that light weight cranksets that appeared, was it 1 or 2 years ago?
How's the ETA for these?
Anyway it's not personal, it' s same whatever product we talk of. If people are fine with that it's fine.
But it's perhaps better to have in mind that it can take very very long time until you can actually get the product, whatever market you're in.

I don't even recall how many years i waited for WERTs Straightshooter stem.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

ArtifactsInMotion

by ArtifactsInMotion

MagicShite wrote:

I shouldn't have to follow a brand or a person on social media to buy a product. It's a transaction.

If there's merit to having products popular within a market, and you are trying to appeal to another market, then leverage that initial merit or try to appeal to that market with research. Outside of the bike industry, companies and products like these fail on the same accounts, but for some reason everyone thinks smaller "bespoke" fields or just bikes in general are an exception.
'22 Orbea Orca Aero 57cm, DA92, Bontrager RSL62, GP5KSTR 28mm, Roval Rapide Cockpit, SLR Superflow Carbonio, 7.8kg

MagicShite

by MagicShite

ArtifactsInMotion wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:32 am
MagicShite wrote:

I shouldn't have to follow a brand or a person on social media to buy a product. It's a transaction.

If there's merit to having products popular within a market, and you are trying to appeal to another market, then leverage that initial merit or try to appeal to that market with research. Outside of the bike industry, companies and products like these fail on the same accounts, but for some reason everyone thinks smaller "bespoke" fields or just bikes in general are an exception.
You shouldn't. You vote with your money, that's it.

Since when is he trying to appeal to the international market right now? It wasn't even himself who posted this thread. If StiffWeenies did not share this news to the international forums, no one outside of China would have possibly known this product exist.

Also you're making too many assumptions about EXS Cycling. If you do not understand mandarin or understand the domestic market, it is incredibly difficult for you to make any judgements about it.

Also few of the very famous shops/dealers in China actually carries and supports his products. Why are you not talking to them if you're so keen on getting one?

The world doesn't revolve around the western parts of the world.

velov

by velov

Post deleted... this thread is taking a turn for the worst.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

velov wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:42 am
MagicShite wrote:

Are you associated with the brand, because you're taking this way too personally? I don't understand how you associate entitlement with interest in what the company is trying to sell. The brand's credentials aren't being attacked, actually quite the opposite. I messaged a few times when the first handle bar was being advertised and heard nothing back.

Unless you have family or business connections, why would anyone outside of China be on Weibo? Get a grip
I am not associated with the brand. I do however used to run a business not too dissimilar from his (another niche hobby) where there is a lot of international interests.

I am simply a person who is empathetic and enthusiastic about actually great products and brands trying their best.

> Unless you have family or business connections, why would anyone outside of China be on Weibo? Get a grip

Why wouldn't you? I'm interested in learning. Some of the writers there (not including cycling related) are people I follow for their writing. Are you hinting some form of political undertones here that I'm not aware of?

velov

by velov

Calm down mate, we're talking about a silly little handlebar. No one has pitchforks out...

MagicShite

by MagicShite

velov wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:48 am
Calm down mate, we're talking about a silly little handlebar. No one has pitchforks out...
Quite the contrary, sipping tea and chilling here mate.

:beerchug:

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

Always the best when someone is called out and they are one of "but it's a joke" or "calm down". After they were making a very earnest attempt at a put down.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com