EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

renoracing

by renoracing

These look fantastic. It really seems that they're in the loop with what us nerds want in regards to shapes and sizes... The 36cm tops with 38cm drops is just perfect, as is the variety of stem lengths, and the -10 angle is pretty middle of the road.
It looks like they covered the bases with some of the integrated adapters as well, based on the teaser photos.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I've given them a nudge about this thread

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

mrlobber

by mrlobber

All of this looks really nice, but let's keep the expectations a bit grounded until these become really available, which might not be anytime soon (and I'm saying this as an EXS handlebars user already).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

Do we think they are offering custom spacers for the integrated bikes like Supersix and Tarmac? The Tarmac transition certainly looks very clean, but the Supersix seems to just use the standard spacer.
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

C36

by C36

StiffWeenies wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:43 pm
The guy behind EXS is the same WW poster who published these lab tests on stems, bars, cockpits, rim brake tracks, and power meters.
I figured-out he was the same person. Still I have quite some doubt on the claims (and I would be very happy to be prove wrong). Are drag saving out of CFD or in wind-tunel? there are not brake hoods on the picture. Vision 5d reported weight appears very low, that's quite some time I measured one but it was quite above 400g regarding the stiffness that's quite a massive difference with a lot less material. Sure, the claimed monoblock construction will improve things, but I remain sckeptical (guess the Lamborghini design inspiration BS didn’t made any good on that matter).

Now, they would weigth what they claim, and be flexier than the 5D, that would still be a solid performance, 2 different drop-bar geometries, nice grip areas, plenty of stem-width combinations, slicker design than the farsport for example, they have very solid arguments.
Last edited by C36 on Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

C36

by C36

Lina wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:55 pm
Does this fit on a 1.25" steerer?
that's what they say "is compatible with the 28.6mm diameter tube of the ordinary frame and the OD2 frame 31.8mm"

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

C36 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 am
StiffWeenies wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:43 pm
The guy behind EXS is the same WW poster who published these lab tests on stems, bars, cockpits, rim brake tracks, and power meters.
I figured-out he was the same person. Still I have quite some doubt on the claims (and I would be very happy to be prove wrong). Are drag saving out of CFD or in wind-tunel? there are not brake hoods on the picture. Vision 5d reported weight appears very low, that's quite some time I measured one but it was quite above 400g regarding the stiffness that's quite a massive difference with a lot less material. Sure, the claimed monoblock construction will improve things, but I remain sckeptical (guess the Lamborghini design inspiration BS didn’t made any good on that matter).

Now, they would weigth what they claim, and be flexier than the 5D, that would still be a solid performance, 2 different drop-bar geometries, nice grip areas, plenty of stem-width combinations, slicker design than the farsport for example, they have very solid arguments.
Yeah, the wind tunnel photos also show no model of a rider so maybe the numbers are just measuring the bars only? still, wind tunnel data can't be 100% relied on as one still needs to correlate testing numbers with real world results. It'd be amazing if it could approach Metron's stiffness though, as they're hands down the stiffest cockpit I've ridden on (haven't tried Pro Vibe Evo yet).

Finn

by Finn

CustomMetal wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:20 pm
I like the shape. Its not on their website yet.

https://exs-cycling.com

Any idea on availibility?
Wish I knew! I have emailed and messaged on instagram but no reply yet Image
Got this response approximately a month ago when I asked about the ETA and price.Image

kode54

by kode54

Maybe its a test to generate how many likes/requests for it...then make it?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

alanyu

by alanyu

kode54 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:16 pm
Maybe its a test to generate how many likes/requests for it...then make it?
The first batch of compact shape one can be preordered in china, while the traditonal shape one still needs two month of production.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Any idea what tye £€$ price will be?
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

1202thomas

by 1202thomas

Really interested! Might buy one for my SL7 if the fit is as good as on the pictures.

snaxez

by snaxez

If it`s 1 1/4", then would love that on my Foil Disc.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I have mailed them at 3 occasions during last 3 months. No reply, their websight doesn't seem to be addressed either so i guess they are down for now?
Anyone trying to keep a company afloat wouldn't just skip updates on the web.
My question just concerned an alu stem so nothing complex.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

I want to go with the EXS but not sure if they are release the handlebar in the near future.
Should I wait or go with the Farsports F1?
Do you think guys the EXS is comming lighter then the F1?
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g