Enve Melee

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jonloh

by jonloh

pmprego wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:58 am
jonloh wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:21 pm
Just got my Melee from the bike shop today. I built it up with SES 4.5 wheels and Red Etap and since this is weightweenies, full bike with pedals and garmin mount is about 7.5kg.

I just had a quick spin around the carpark and the bike feels super planted with the ENVE 27mm tubless tyres. More comprehensive feedback after I do a long ride this weekend.

Workmanship and finishing of the frame looks decent to me. No major/glaring issues so far.

Let me know if any one has any questions and wants specific feedback and I'll do my best to reply.
Is this a size 52 or smaller?
In vid's of the melee i've seen small discrepancies between the stack/reach they paint on the frame and their geometry table. Can you please confirm which size do you have and what is the stack/reach painted on the frame? Many thanks!!
mine is a size 50 -> stack 524mm; reach 376mm

cpark

by cpark

jonloh wrote:
Just got my Melee from the bike shop today. I built it up with SES 4.5 wheels and Red Etap and since this is weightweenies, full bike with pedals and garmin mount is about 7.5kg.

I just had a quick spin around the carpark and the bike feels super planted with the ENVE 27mm tubless tyres. More comprehensive feedback after I do a long ride this weekend.

Workmanship and finishing of the frame looks decent to me. No major/glaring issues so far.

Let me know if any one has any questions and wants specific feedback and I'll do my best to reply.
It looks damn good! Way to slam that stem!!👍👍
What size stem and bar are you running?
Is the stem angle adjustable like the other Enve aero stem?
I'm still waiting for the stem and the bar...😫

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

FYI

I requested some info. Stem has a fixed angle 7 degree and weighs 170gr and is created for the melee.
I asked if the full integrated handlebar would be available ? No
Fork should be around 450gr and seatpost around 220gr

jonloh

by jonloh

cpark wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:31 pm
jonloh wrote:

My stem length is 100mm and the bar is 40cm. The flared drops of the SES AR handlebar can be quite significant - e.g. at the hoods it is 40cm but at the drops it is 45cm. I am OK with it but some riders may hate it. See https://www.enve.com/product/ses-ar-road-handlebar/ for the measurements.
The stem angle is -7 deg and fixed.

Here are more pics of the bike. Had a chance to ride the bike more and I'm loving it. Not exceptional in any particular aspect but really good overall - climbing, flat, decending, etc. I think the standout feature for me is being stable/comfortable over rough tarmac. But that is probably more due to the tyres/wheel combo - SES 4.5 with Enve 27mm tyres.
Attachments
PXL_20220922_235412943.jpg
PXL_20220922_234709946.jpg

greatstewie

by greatstewie

whats a real light and good mtb dual sus frame rn? somethign inexpensive.

jackie

by jackie

cpark wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:31 pm
jonloh wrote:

the new stem cannot be adjusted like the old aero stem.

jackie

by jackie

pmprego wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:35 pm
jackie wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:29 am
pmprego wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:58 am
jonloh wrote:

Is this a size 52 or smaller?
In vid's of the melee i've seen small discrepancies between the stack/reach they paint on the frame and their geometry table. Can you please confirm which size do you have and what is the stack/reach painted on the frame? Many thanks!!
that should be a size 50..
Btw, can you confirm yours 54 printed stack/reach? Is it 552/386?
551/ 387

Femboy

by Femboy

This user has been banned

csabanacu

by csabanacu

I have the same slipping seatpost problem. How did you guys solve this?

boots2000

by boots2000

Melee owners- Does headtube length and stack include or exclude the headtube length? And how tall is the topcap?
Can anyone measure actuals on a 54 and/or a 56?

morrisond

by morrisond

How big of a Knobbie do you think will fit in this frame?

38mm Herse Steilacomm?

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

boots2000 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:32 pm
Melee owners- Does headtube length and stack include or exclude the headtube length? And how tall is the topcap?
Topcap is 8mm and not included. That's what i have been told.

pmprego

by pmprego

wickedstealthy wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:51 pm
boots2000 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:32 pm
Topcap is 8mm and not included. That's what i have been told.
Enve has very detailled info in their website. Very detailed manuals with all the measures. The top cap also and you're correct. Besides, they answer really quickly to customer inquires.

jackie

by jackie

csabanacu wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:55 pm
I have the same slipping seatpost problem. How did you guys solve this?
carbon paste? i bought the bike up to taiwan just recently.. many hrs on the saddle. with no slippage..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crlincoln

by crlincoln

Anyone know if ENVE will do a one piece bar and stem for the Melee, or if there’s another one that would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk