Panaracer Agilest

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Good to know. So true to size on 19mm rims.

maxima

by maxima

how is ride quality? does it feel it roll fast or ride supple/soft?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

The 28c TLR is faster than my Maxxis High Road SL/S-Tubo on the front and High Road/Ride Now on the rear. I shed 1:15 on a 410m climb with the Agilest with the same power. I feel the Agilest is not as supple.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Looks like these actually have a chance at getting tested on BRR. I put my vote in for this tire in the past two months.

Put your votes in!

Edit: nvm, seems unlikely because people are splitting the votes across three specs of the tire (25mm clincher, 29mm TLR, 25mm TLR) :noidea:

card0s

by card0s

BigBoyND wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:07 pm
Looks like these actually have a chance at getting tested on BRR. I put my vote in for this tire in the past two months.

Put your votes in!

Edit: nvm, seems unlikely because people are splitting the votes across three specs of the tire (25mm clincher, 29mm TLR, 25mm TLR) :noidea:
I subscribed to pro to vote on this tire, the 25mm TLR version.
Does anyone have more opinions on these?

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Also looking at opinions on these.

wtneo

by wtneo

Got a pair of Panaracer Agilest light 25mm - weighs 164.8g for one

Very light indeed

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Ordered a 25mm and 30mm TLR from Starbike, will post weights in a couple of days. My Pro Ones were bought back in 2015 and show signs of degeneration, time for new tubeless tires.

card0s

by card0s

How did you guys mount these tires?
I tried to mount them on my new Enves and it was impossible to mount them.

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

Any updates on these? Been something of a fan of Panaracer since my college mountain bike days (Smoke/Dart Hardcores FTW!) and was looking ahead to next year when my Hutchinsons are done. It always seems to me that the Panaracer offerings are sort of overlooked in the road sphere.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I am still running the Gillar tire, and I honestly think they're fantastic. No complaints at all. Mount by hand, grip is good, feels fast like GP5k (probably slower but not enough to tell). Bit more puncture prone but much better than you'd think for a 170g tire.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Will mount this week. 32g lighter than a pair of 28mm Pro Ones.
Attachments
Panaracer Agilest TLR 30mm weight
Panaracer Agilest TLR 30mm weight
Panaracer Agilest TLR 25mm weight
Panaracer Agilest TLR 25mm weight

jlok

by jlok

I find them soft and wear down quickly. Rear tire worn more than half after 1500km. Got puncture last night that won't seal by Orange Seal. Dynaplugged it and it still leaked a little but got me home anyway.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

card0s wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:37 am
How did you guys mount these tires?
I tried to mount them on my new Enves and it was impossible to mount them.
Did you have trouble seating the tires or mounting them onto the rims? Mine seated easily, only needed a lever for the last stretch. The first tire didn't want to go onto the shelves dry, even with a receiver, but with a generous amount of dish wash liquid helped. I lubed both beads for the second one and it popped on the first try.

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

jlok wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:12 am
I find them soft and wear down quickly. Rear tire worn more than half after 1500km. Got puncture last night that won't seal by Orange Seal. Dynaplugged it and it still leaked a little but got me home anyway.
Hmmmm . . . that's not a ringing endorsement. How do you feel the grip/ride/wear/puncture resistance compares to other tubeless standards (like the GP5K, Pirelli P-Zero, Schwalbe Pro One, etc.)? Would you buy again? I would place my priorities, roughly, as follows: (i) grip, both wet and dry; (ii) puncture resistance; (iii) ride quality; (iv) rolling resistance; (v) longevity/durability of tread.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com