Anyone was able to get a refund from bike-components? Very bad experience...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pmprego

by pmprego

I have been a buyer from online store bike-components for several years now. I have never had to return a product until "today" (actually slightly more than 2 weeks ago) and in a very expensive purchase (a full ultegra 12spd groupset).

I've asked for a return prior to the package to arrive to my address. I didn't even opened the original package. It was immediately sent back upon arrival (it was for me to do a different purchase - they told me to return it and do a new, correct purchase).

More than 2 weeks now, the package does not seem to arrive at the destination, my country DHL doesn't know anything because it is DHL Germany handling it and bike-components went silent! Prior to go silent on me they just told me to wait. No explanation added. Not for how long, for what. Nothing. Wait. When I talked to them regarding making a new order they were very attentions but now when it's about refunding the money... Silent.

Has anyone been successful in getting a return and corresponding refund from bike-components?
Thanks
Last edited by pmprego on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I bought a pair of RC-902 shoes and tried them out at home for a few days. Then I returned them, without issues.

I don't remember exactly how long the whole process took. It did take a while though, both for them to confirm they got them back and then took more time to get the refund.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

ODC

by ODC

If you have paid with PayPal, contact Paypal and explain them the problem. They are always helpful if there are problems and If you have enough proof then they will pay you back.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Actually I just remembered that I spoke to them on the phone regarding the return. They have a number on their site. You could try that.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

Visus

by Visus

Give them a call. Ne ver had a really bad experience with them. Once a package got lost. In this case I had to wait 1 month for a reimbursement due to a policy of DHL. But maybe they reduced staff but try to call them, they can't ignore you on the phone.

joejack951

by joejack951

You shipped the package back but they didn’t receive it yet. Sounds like a DHL issue. I’m sure you’ll get your refund once they have the package back in their hands. For all they know now you may have sent back an empty box.

alanyu

by alanyu

IME the CS of bc is pretty good. I returned the jersey of their brand due to the way wrong cut and design (waist larger than hips), and got the refund in 2 weeks. The other case is the broken rubber band of wahoo speed sensor. I emailed them. They talked to wahoo and sent me a new band in 3 weeks.

polpy

by polpy

Bike-Components has one of the best Customer Support, that i ever expirienced, i hat multiple warranty cases, etc. and everything was perfect. Give them a call or send an mail, they will resolve the issue, i am certain.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Im putting Bike-Components as a company with one of the best support from my experience..And also very friendly.. Ordering there for few years, and most of time no problems at all, but when i had few minor issues and need their support they were superhelpfull and responsive.. Once also getting refund back.. Maybe they reduced staff so some delay for response this period (like 2-3 days), or maybe part of their staff are on holliday... To me this look like DHL issue and bc waiting for package to be at their address, and as soon that happen im sure they'll refund quickly.. If u want to push a little bit, try with DHL Germany to check what happened with ur package, but probably is just matter of few days until u got ur refund..

ms6073

by ms6073

pmprego wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:04 pm
I've asked for a return prior to the package to arrive to my address. I didn't even opened the original package. It was immediately sent back upon arrival (it was for me to do a different purchase - they told me to return it and do a new, correct purchase).

More than 2 weeks now, the package does not seem to arrive at the destination, my country DHL doesn't know anything because it is DHL Germany handling it and bike-components went silent!
Sorry to say but your issue is with DHL, not bike-components. The problem is that you did not accept the delivery - had you accepted the shipment then contacted the seller, they more than likely would have created a return shipment to track the package back to them. So as it now stands, DHL has a package that was refused by the recipient and unlike postal mail, return shipment will not be at the same level of service as the shipment - hence, it may take several weeks for DHL to arrange the return to the seller.
Last edited by ms6073 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

pmprego

by pmprego

So, I've decided to call them (calling them internationally doesn't come cheap but hey... It was worth it) also because I got some info from calling several DHL numbers from my country.

From DHL I got the information that for some reason the package was being sent in a very slow way that would take at least one month.

I called bike-components to report this and to ask what was their action plan given that I was not getting a reply. I was told that it was a surprise that type of delivery time. It was not what they hired. They had also started an investigation with DHL and were waiting for a reply that usually takes one week. After that reply they can issue the refund as DHL becomes responsible for not fulfilling the delivery times.

The package was not refused. This is happening with all returns issued by bike-components at least to Portugal. The problem as I reported to the person on the phone was that the explanation he provided was not presented in the email. In the email it was only said that I would have to wait and given the value of the package that was far from an acceptable reply.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

It's a DHL issue, not Bike components.

There are two different DHL's - the courier/parcel comapny and the traditional mail company.

I had a DHL (mail version) parcel that took 6 weeks from Germany to Australia, and 4 weeks of that was sitting in Singapore.

Understand your frustration, but it takes time, especially with the covid iopacts.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

pmprego wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:04 pm
I have been a buyer from online store bike-components for several years now. I have never had to return a product until "today" (actually slightly more than 2 weeks ago) and in a very expensive purchase (a full ultegra 12spd groupset).

More than 2 weeks now, the package does not seem to arrive at the destination, my country DHL doesn't know anything because it is DHL Germany handling it and bike-components went silent! Prior to go silent on me they just told me to wait. No explanation added. Not for how long, for what. Nothing. Wait. When I talked to them regarding making a new order they were very attentions but now when it's about refunding the money... Silent.

Has anyone been successful in getting a return and corresponding refund from bike-components?
Thanks
Bike Components is a very large outfit - I'd be very surprised if there's anything scammy going on and would just blame the slow responses on the current worklaod.

The more important aspect is that they obviously can't issue a refund until they received your parcel. Said parcel probably should have arrived by now but it's not unheard of that parcels get stuck or even lost. In that case a claim for lost mail is issued and an inquiry is started. This can take a week or two. It sucks, but it's rare. Seems you're simply unlucky.

In any case it seems obvious to me that your refund is delayed due to the stuck return shipment. That needs to be solved to advance. However Bike Components should get on that task since they are DHL's customer, not you.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Visus

by Visus

pmprego wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:32 pm
They had also started an investigation with DHL and were waiting for a reply that usually takes one week. After that reply they can issue the refund as DHL becomes responsible for not fulfilling the delivery times.
That sound exactly like when DHL lost my package. Took a month to six weeks, after this deadline DHL has to refund the value of the package to bc and they will be able to refund you. No worries just takes a lot of time :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Yupp, agree with the others. I'm in EU and it's DHL. Once one of DHLs trucks burned down (my parcel was on that truck) and they asked for a picture and receipt of the product.
Luckily i had a picture taken by me of the product (how often do you have that to begin with?)
Well, after that was sorted it took about 1 month before DHL reimbursed to parcel.
I am in EU and the shipping was to another EU country.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.