Clip-on handlebars for integrated handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Master-Ti

by Master-Ti

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to attach clip-on handlebars to a set of integrated handlebars?

I am using a set of Deda Alanera handlebars but miss having clip-on handlebars to use. I've tried two clip-ons that attach to the stem, but neither the Specialized Venge / Vias system nor the Control-Tech Sirocco fit, as the clamps on both of these are too narrow to fit over the stem of the Alaneras.

Any suggestions on how to use clip-ons with the Deda Alanera?

Alternatively, any other brands of integrated handlebars that have clip-ons designed to fit them?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

They will need to be specific to deda because everyone has a differennt shape.

BMC makes clip on for their timemachine road bars
Enve makes clips for their aero handlebars (non AR)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

dmbiscuit

by dmbiscuit

Not only do they need to fit the bars, but the bars have to be structurally designed to have bars clamped to them. You are likely out of luck for the Deda's unless they release something for them.

I have a set of Metron 5D bars that I'm waiting to get clip ons for that they make, however they are shorter ITU length. Hoping I can replace the extensions with longer ones.

blaugrana

by blaugrana

Not 100% integrated and it's a bit heavy, but Deda have the Vinci stem+bar (separate pieces) that support integrated cables and look good when combined. There are two plastic fairings near the stem that you can take off to mount clip ons, or leave on to smooth the transition.

But yeah, most aero handlebars don't support them, and it's a shame, because clip ons are great for occasional bike packing trips (and redoing the cables to fit round handlebars is too much of a hassle for one trip). I have the same problem myself (in my case I'm using separate aero handlebars, the Ritchey Carbon Streem II), and still haven't found a solution yet. I wouldn't even mind having to use a different stem, but still then I can't find any decent option.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

Yes, you are able to replace them but with some creative enginering
Because the clamp is integrated with the extensions you need to find a suitable 22mm clamps (for example from sram brakes - MMX -https://bikerecyclery.com/sram-mmx-brak ... evel-pair/ or avid brakes https://www.bike24.com/p2133891.html) and have a cut in extensions (most preferably aluminium ones) for them to compress properly.

dmbiscuit wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:25 am
Not only do they need to fit the bars, but the bars have to be structurally designed to have bars clamped to them. You are likely out of luck for the Deda's unless they release something for them.

I have a set of Metron 5D bars that I'm waiting to get clip ons for that they make, however they are shorter ITU length. Hoping I can replace the extensions with longer ones.