New KASK Helmets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robbosmans

by robbosmans

New aero helmet and some neat tt stuff. Aero helmet looks like a protone with less vents.

https://cyclingtips.com/2022/07/spotted ... xl-sizing/

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

Interesting; I thought the new Protone would be the "aero, but not a specialized TT helmet" helmet, with a new Valegro being the "super light ventilated" helmet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

What is the difference between the long tail helmets like Evade and Utopia vs other aero helmets which have a normal shape? If a long tail is faster, why aren't more companies doing it? I know it's not that simple but just wondering. Since the TT helmets with long tails are supposed to be so close to your back so the air doesn't detach. But the longer tail of road helmets doesn't even come close to doing that.

On the topic. I like the look of the Kask Wasabi. Too bad it's so heavy though. I think the old Protone looks much better. Imo one of the best looking helmets, just doesn't fit me at all.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

micky

by micky

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:43 pm
What is the difference between the long tail helmets like Evade and Utopia vs other aero helmets which have a normal shape? If a long tail is faster, why aren't more companies doing it? I know it's not that simple but just wondering. Since the TT helmets with long tails are supposed to be so close to your back so the air doesn't detach. But the longer tail of road helmets doesn't even come close to doing that.

On the topic. I like the look of the Kask Wasabi. Too bad it's so heavy though. I think the old Protone looks much better. Imo one of the best looking helmets, just doesn't fit me at all.
I think you answered your own question; it sells.

I was considering the Utopia but it looks sort of "biggish" while this new helmet seems to be in the between.
Hope they keep the weight close to Protone/Valegro.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

micky wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:40 pm
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:43 pm

I think you answered your own question; it sells.

I was considering the Utopia but it looks sort of "biggish" while this new helmet seems to be in the between.
Hope they keep the weight close to Protone/Valegro.
I can say from experience the Utopia is not big. It actually took me some time getting used to the look becuase it looked so humorously small on my head that I thought I ordered the wrong size. It fits much closer to the head than any other helmet I've tried and definitely has the lowest profile.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Any more news of this helmet? Can't find much info on release dates.

andreas

by andreas

BikeTyson wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:38 am
It's out, got a 5 star rating in the Virginia Tech's crash test, is heavier than the Protone Icon and it's the most expensive helmet at €375.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

andreas wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:49 am
BikeTyson wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:38 am
It's out, got a 5 star rating in the Virginia Tech's crash test, is heavier than the Protone Icon and it's the most expensive helmet at €375.
59th place in a brand new helmet. My god

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com