KREISSÄGE RS 😳 that’s a good looking bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Just found these guys online.
Damn, they build some good looking bikes, and the prices are good too.

Do I need one 🧐 possibly 😜

https://standert.de/products/kreissage ... widow-2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ABogle

by ABogle

They look amazing. I know this one is a gravel bike but the paint & straight lines always gets me. I just think of it and google it from time to time. Shame all their bikes are too long for me.

CyclingKai

by CyclingKai

I absolutely love the Kreissäge! If I had the Money burning a hole in my pockets I'd buy one.

If the framesets become available, I might get tempted - and there is a rim option for the stock kreissäge 😉

robertbb

by robertbb

I wish they'd do an endurance version of the Kreissage (aka: a version for old and inflexible has-beens like me that can't sit comfy on a long and low race bike anymore)

Roel W

by Roel W

They make very nice bikes @ Standert. But they're not often avalilable.
Triebwerk is a very nice steel bike.

Isn't the Kreissage not a criterium bike?

rhender

by rhender

I wish they hadn't gone for the fully internal cabling with the new generation. It just doesn't make that much sense to me. Someone who wants the aero gains of internal headset cabling isn't going to buy a round-tube, alloy bike... Be a lot easier to care for to just keep everything semi internal and it still looks clean. I was very close to buying one of the previous gen though.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Roel W wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:33 am
They make very nice bikes @ Standert. But they're not often avalilable.
They are running on the forced scarcity model it seems. It's annoying because I do really like their bikes. I'm not gonna sit and wait for it to launch just to buy one though.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

rhender wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:57 pm
Someone who wants the aero gains of internal headset cabling isn't going to buy a round-tube, alloy bike...
Most people who want full internal bikes don't want it for the aero, they want it for the looks.

naylor343

by naylor343

Very nice. Sadly, like most other manufacturers and suppliers they are mostly advertisers of dreams. Things you cannot have and will probably sell out quicker than you can press that mouse button.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

robertbb wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:29 am
I wish they'd do an endurance version of the Kreissage (aka: a version for old and inflexible has-beens like me that can't sit comfy on a long and low race bike anymore)
Ditto. 387mm reach on the size 52 with a 110mm stem.

You’d have to be bloody flexible to ride this geo.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Geo is pretty much on par with a Tarmac SL7 / Allez? Comparing 54s; its even a bit more relaxed.
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

Singular

by Singular

iamraymond wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:11 pm
robertbb wrote:

Reach cannot be considered in isolation (as the height will influence the practical reach). When you add height (either with headset cover/upper or spacers) you get roughly a third back in reduced reach.

I have an approx number that I like for stack (where a normal-ish stem would sit for me), and from that I can calculate my "real" reach of a bike.

If you'd want this visualized, use bikeinsights.com to compare bikes (and it will be very apparent how the measurements interact and which bikes that are really longer).

With that said - the Standert PC bikes have really steep STA and straight posts, so they're actually shorter than the numbers make you think. It's a different way of fitting those that are not as tall, but I (a 56ish) have a pretty good idea of where I'd want to sit in relation to the bottom bracket (so I can go off of numbers).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DHG01

by DHG01

Singular wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:54 pm
iamraymond wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:11 pm
robertbb wrote:

Reach cannot be considered in isolation (as the height will influence the practical reach). When you add height (either with headset cover/upper or spacers) you get roughly a third back in reduced reach.

I have an approx number that I like for stack (where a normal-ish stem would sit for me), and from that I can calculate my "real" reach of a bike.

If you'd want this visualized, use bikeinsights.com to compare bikes (and it will be very apparent how the measurements interact and which bikes that are really longer).

With that said - the Standert PC bikes have really steep STA and straight posts, so they're actually shorter than the numbers make you think. It's a different way of fitting those that are not as tall, but I (a 56ish) have a pretty good idea of where I'd want to sit in relation to the bottom bracket (so I can go off of numbers).
Spot on. I was actually surprised when I read the geometry seemed long.
I ride a size 54 Triebwerk with 1 cm of spacers. It's one of the comfier bikes I ve known.