2023 S-Works Helmets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:53 pm

This looks pretty cool from the front.
mini darth vader.. just does not flare out enough. Might as well go fullspaceballs and wear the POC
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

ODC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 pm
Comparison Evade 3 vs Evade 2
What are the weights of the Evades?
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

ODC wrote:Comparison Evade 3 vs Evade 2
Can you send some pics with both helmets on your head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Ritxis wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:36 pm
robbosmans wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:01 pm
Ah looks hella weird Image
hel.png
Well played sir!

dvq

by dvq

Got my Prevail 3 today, sending it back to Specialized.

- Fit is different from the old prevail 2 and 2 vent.
- Pinches the top of the head more, would need a size up to maybe make it fit from Medium.
- Definitely heavier
- Uglier from side profile and mushrooms out more
- Top of the helmet sits higher maybe due to the fit?
- Straps are more inboard which is nice.
- The metal accents look nice in theory but both of mine sit funny on the helmet and not flush and have kinks in the finish as if they were improperly bent and not smooth. I suspect they'll fall out over time.
- Only holds sunglasses well from the top vents but that would be hard to target mid-ride.

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

Sworks Tarmac SL8 - 7.09kg
LS Ultimate (7.89kg), Tarmac SL7 (7.56kg), Aethos (7.00kg), Venge (7.59 kg), Roubaix Team (7.53 kg) - Sold

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

dvq wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:25 pm
Got my Prevail 3 today, sending it back to Specialized.

- Fit is different from the old prevail 2 and 2 vent.
- Pinches the top of the head more, would need a size up to maybe make it fit from Medium.
- Definitely heavier
- Uglier from side profile and mushrooms out more
- Top of the helmet sits higher maybe due to the fit?
- Straps are more inboard which is nice.
- The metal accents look nice in theory but both of mine sit funny on the helmet and not flush and have kinks in the finish as if they were improperly bent and not smooth. I suspect they'll fall out over time.
- Only holds sunglasses well from the top vents but that would be hard to target mid-ride.
I will mirror a lot of this. Fit feels like its shorter in the back and more on my brow in the front, sits more on top of my head than the Prevail 2. Doesn't feel more or less comfortable just different. Straps have some rubber as does the dial on the back which is a nice touch. Looks much better than the Prevail 2 imo. Heavier than the 2 (297g vs 260g on my scale). Will see how it fares outside next week.

Sworks Tarmac SL8 - 7.09kg
LS Ultimate (7.89kg), Tarmac SL7 (7.56kg), Aethos (7.00kg), Venge (7.59 kg), Roubaix Team (7.53 kg) - Sold

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

it looks so lower profile... but sits higher ? seems odd and would be a bummer. Have someone measure your height maybe.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

dvq

by dvq

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:47 pm
it looks so lower profile... but sits higher ? seems odd and would be a bummer. Have someone measure your height maybe.
I think it's just my head shape that makes it sit higher.

ODC

by ODC

Lucky one with the new Prevail 3! Where I have my Evade 3 already, In Belgium, the white prevail 3 will be available in October.

What I must say, and that's personal, I find the new Evade en Prevail 3 looking less cheap. I always found the back of the Prevail 2/2 VENT very cheap looking.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I find it difficult to believe that the new Prevail is actually more airy than the Vent.
I understand that they don't use these bridges in foam at alle but only the strings.
But the sides and rear are a lot more closed off.
I understand most of the ventilation occurres through wind hitting the front of the helmet and thus the head.

However, especially when going slowly, eg. Climbing, where heat is probably the biggest issue, There is only so much air flowing into the front of your helmet. Your head is radiating heat in all directions though, and especially the side and rear look more closed off here.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

Buexx

by Buexx

Does anyone have more information about the fourth colorway of the new helmets that are shown in the video I linked previously // see attached picture? I want a white helmet finally, but I dont like the mat white version Spesh offers on their website.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220702_215057_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

jayjay

by jayjay

I will return my Prevail 3 as well. Don't like the look on my head :(

tommyboyo

by tommyboyo

wolflikeme wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:35 pm

297g confirmed then. As stated by Cyclingtips review.

107g more than my Prevail II, which I am more and more glad that I have kept in such good condition.

And heavier than my Evade 1 as well!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvq

by dvq

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:01 am
I find it difficult to believe that the new Prevail is actually more airy than the Vent.
I understand that they don't use these bridges in foam at alle but only the strings.
But the sides and rear are a lot more closed off.
I understand most of the ventilation occurres through wind hitting the front of the helmet and thus the head.

However, especially when going slowly, eg. Climbing, where heat is probably the biggest issue, There is only so much air flowing into the front of your helmet. Your head is radiating heat in all directions though, and especially the side and rear look more closed off here.
The venting on top is definitely bigger, but the front vents near the brow are completely closed off on the new Prevail. I've got to imagine that part is going to get real sweaty.