Sram AXS Red, Power-meter thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vulturest

by vulturest

Hi All,

I purchased the AXS Red groupset back in 2019? When it was first released. Unfortunately, I opted for the non-powermeter option, and now i'm kicking myself! :oops:

I've had a look at was SRAM provides (their chain-ring/Power-meter), and am not too fond of constructing / limited option it provides. I'd rather not type an exhastive list of my arguement, but generally, its: lack of cross-compatibility, lack of interchangable parts, restrictive options, price, and even looks!

So. I'm wondering what other options I have? Are there after-market chain-ring options, which I can then install a power-meter on?

The only option I can think of is this;
- Sram Rival AXS cranks, with aftermarket chain-rings [url]https://slrcycleworks.com.au/produ ... wer-meters[/url]

Anyone have any options / ideas of getting around using Sram's RED AXS powermeter option?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

5-bolt DZero with your current crankarms + Praxis chainrings. Or go completely first-party with the 4-bolt AXS power meter spider and “Force” rings.

Or power meter pedals.

vulturest

by vulturest

Cheers,
Could you confirm the following combination would work:
- ROAD RINGS - 50/34 BUZZ 110BCD 10/11/12sp
- Quarq SRAM DZero DUB 130 BCD Powermeter Spider Black

I don't think it'd work because of 110/130 BCD... Does DZero come in 110BCD?

AZR3

by AZR3

vulturest wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:06 am
Cheers,
Could you confirm the following combination would work:
- Quarq SRAM DZero DUB 130 BCD Powermeter Spider Black

I don't think it'd work because of 110/130 BCD... Does DZero come in 110BCD?
Yes, just select DUB and then select 110BCD

sportsgravel

by sportsgravel

Jumping in with a similar question, sorry for any potential hijacking!

I've got a bike coming with a 1x Red AXS power meter. are there any aftermarket options for 50-37 chainrings that will fit on this?

As a different option has anyone run the Rotor 4x100 AXS rings on a Quarq Dfour? i haven't been able to find confirmation either way that rotor 4x100 is the same as shimano 4x100

Thanks in advance!

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Why not just buy the Quarq 107 BCD power meter spindle and then separate 107 BCD chainrings of your choice? Carbon Ti just released new chainrings for the 107 BCD spindle and I think I found a few other rings on R2 bike as well. Not talking about 1x narrow wide rings but 2x rings.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

sportsgravel wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:52 am
I've got a bike coming with a 1x Red AXS power meter. are there any aftermarket options for 50-37 chainrings that will fit on this?
Depends on which model you have. The variants with larger 48T or 50T chainrings use the integrated aero power meter kit, where the meter and chainring is a single unit that cannot be disassembled. With smaller chainrings the power meter is a separate unit, and thus the chainring can thus be replaced with any available pair that fits SRAM's proprietary 107 mm assymetric BCD.

sportsgravel

by sportsgravel

MayhemSWE wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:28 am
sportsgravel wrote:
Depends on which model you have. The variants with larger 48T or 50T chainrings use the integrated aero power meter kit, where the meter and chainring is a single unit that cannot be disassembled. With smaller chainrings the power meter is a separate unit, and thus the chainring can thus be replaced with any available pair that fits SRAM's proprietary 107 mm assymetric BCD.
I have the 1x unit so so the rings can be changed, I can either replace the rings with a aftermarket 50-37 that fits this BCD or sell this unit and replace it with a different unit to suit aftermarket rings. Not really interested in carbonti rings, this bike will see a lot of abuse so after something a bit more mainstream amd cheaper to replace.

Hoven

by Hoven

I have the dub Quarq 5-arm 110bcd with praxis buzz 50/34 0/11/12-speed rings and i works flawless.

vulturest

by vulturest

Hoven wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:58 am
I have the dub Quarq 5-arm 110bcd with praxis buzz 50/34 0/11/12-speed rings and i works flawless.
Cool, that's probably the set up i'm leaning towards.

How do you find the different chainring size?
Have you tried any other chain-rings?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Hoven wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:58 am
I wish the 48/32 to work too as those are better fit with 10t start cassette.
But it doesn't. So 50/34 is the next best size which is compatible.
Actually, would 48/34 shift better than 50/34? or worse because it's a mismatch set?

CoffeeNdonuts

by CoffeeNdonuts

sportsgravel wrote:Jumping in with a similar question, sorry for any potential hijacking!

As a different option has anyone run the Rotor 4x100 AXS rings on a Quarq Dfour? i haven't been able to find confirmation either way that rotor 4x100 is the same as shimano 4x100

Thanks in advance!
I have the Rotor AXS 48/35 chainrings mounted on a Quarq DFour. They fit perfectly well.

I have tried on the same bike, both the Quarq DFour with Rotor Axs 48/35 chainrings and a Quarq DZero with Praxis 50/34 chainrings.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I felt that the Rotor rings worked better. I didn’t have any problems with either, but the shifting on the Rotor ones just felt better to me.

Also, it took me a while to dial the Praxis front shifting, but eventually got it. With the Rotor I got it the first time, but maybe that was just a lot of practice after the Praxis ones lol.

For me the 50t was too much with the AXS gearing (and that’s me coming from 53/39 and 52/36 setups) and that’s why I switched to 48/35.

Swannie

by Swannie

MayhemSWE wrote:
sportsgravel wrote:
So, i have a force axs cranks; 48/35; with quarq, and i wanted 2 swap to red cranks and thought i could mount the quarq on the red cranks, but this is a no go then?
I thought i have seen Force axs cranks with red axs chainings??
Other options on lighter cranks with different chainrings in 48/35 where i can reuse my quarq.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Swannie wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:56 pm
MayhemSWE wrote:
So, i have a force axs cranks; 48/35; with quarq, and i wanted 2 swap to red cranks and thought i could mount the quarq on the red cranks, but this is a no go then?
I thought i have seen Force axs cranks with red axs chainings??
Other options on lighter cranks with different chainrings in 48/35 where i can reuse my quarq.
Crank arms are interchangable, they all use the same 8-bolt interface. It is only the Red 2x and "1x aero" chanrings and spiders/power meters which cannot be separated into individual parts. The latter which I highlighted above, as we didn't know whether the OP had a "1x aero" kit or a separate chainring and power meter. (Ohh and also Rival 2x cranksets, where the spider and driveside crank arm are one piece and cannot be separated from each other…)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vulturest

by vulturest

MayhemSWE wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:08 am
as we didn't know whether the OP had a "1x aero" kit or a separate chainring and power meter.

For the record, I have a 2x Sram RED chainring (non-powermeter).

Based on the research done & advice here, i've bought:
- Quarq SRAM DZero DUB 110 BCD Powermeter Spider Black

- Reliable / high quality PW,
- Interchangable rings,
- relatively low cost / more patitable prices,
- keeps standardised system: quarq/sram