“Different” new Madone (2023)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aesch

by Aesch

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:26 am
Can’t wait for Specialized to take this one step further and start selling crosswind specific bikes. Call it the S-Works Echelon. Hire me.
:lol:
Next up, bike with a retractable parachute for extra speed with tailwind?

OT: look forward to seeing the bike in real life, so far I like it and especially the "chique" paints.

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

cajer wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:42 am
MitchatTrek wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:29 pm
tmrace wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:50 pm
MitchatTrek wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:56 pm

Cable routing hasn't really changed, it is the frame design that changes for which the bar/stem fits, just like on prior models. Plus, the cockpit has a lot of input on the aero of the complete package.
Mitch, any timeline for when ProjectOne will be up for the new bike?
Still TBD - Our P1 team is working out logistics, but we have a slick new ICON paint scheme being announced this season.
Are there any pics of it in 47cm? I'm curious how everything especially the hole will look
Photos we take would be on a 56cm frame, but you may see a 47cm in the tour for a short rider. The IsoFlow shape will remain the same for all sizes, it would just sit lower to accommodate the shorted seat tube length needed for the shorter frame.
Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bicycle Corporation | www.trekbikes.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cemicar

by Cemicar

MitchatTrek wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:19 pm
Photos we take would be on a 56cm frame, but you may see a 47cm in the tour for a short rider. The IsoFlow shape will remain the same for all sizes, it would just sit lower to accommodate the shorted seat tube length needed for the shorter frame.
Who will ride a 47 size in the tour?

I suspect the smallest Madone ever created so far is 54 until Trek gives the women team a new Madone.

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

Cemicar wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:01 pm
MitchatTrek wrote:
I suspect the smallest Madone ever created so far is 54 until Trek gives the women team a new Madone.
They actually have new Madones :wink:
Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bicycle Corporation | www.trekbikes.com

Cemicar

by Cemicar

MitchatTrek wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:12 pm
That's great to know. I hope they show off them in instagram if not riding in Giro Donne. Some riders like Lauretta Hanson or Chloe Hosking apparently use 47 or 50.

robeambro

by robeambro

MitchatTrek wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:12 pm
Cemicar wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:01 pm
MitchatTrek wrote:
Balsamo has been winning sprints aboard the old model in the Giro Donne, so they don't quite have them yet.

Stormtrooper

by Stormtrooper

Today would have been a good day for the Emonda.
Maybe the other models (Emonda and Domane) are obsolete now.

cajer

by cajer

I could see that being true (even on mountain stages) if you can build the new madone very close to 6.8kg with deep wheels. That might be possible on a 47cm but likely not?

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Aesch wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:02 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:26 am
Can’t wait for Specialized to take this one step further and start selling crosswind specific bikes. Call it the S-Works Echelon. Hire me.
:lol:
Next up, bike with a retractable parachute for extra speed with tailwind?

OT: look forward to seeing the bike in real life, so far I like it and especially the "chique" paints.
No, no , no.....that would be a spinnaker :mrgreen:

dmbiscuit

by dmbiscuit

cajer wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:45 am
I could see that being true (even on mountain stages) if you can build the new madone very close to 6.8kg with deep wheels. That might be possible on a 47cm but likely not?
Do you mean 6.8 with shallow wheels?

cajer

by cajer

If you can get to 6.8kg with deep wheels why not run deep wheels?

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

cajer wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:20 am
This is more of a car thing but is unsprung weight not a consideration in cycling?

blaugrana

by blaugrana

StiffWeenies wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:50 am
cajer wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:20 am
This is more of a car thing but is unsprung weight not a consideration in cycling?
Not really. The part of a road bicycle that offers more suspension is the tyres, so from that point of view, the heavy deep rims are sprung weight. Or as unsprung as everything else.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:47 pm
dmbiscuit wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:25 pm
For what it's worth, I think most Trek shops will swap seatpost and bar/stems for you when you purchase a complete bike to get the fit right. I went to place an order for a frameset only with seatpost and bars and they even said they'd swap them after the fact of the fit wasn't right. It may just take talking to a shop (or customer service online) in advance to see what they are willing to do in terms of component swaps for you without a charge.

They talked about doing this officially in their web session a few years back, but nothing ever materialized. I am skeptical that they would do component swaps for integrated cabling bikes for free. It would take a lot of labor and also one piece bar/stems are expensive and hard to sell/inventory.
From Trek's point of view that's what Project One is for. Just order the bike exactly as you want it.

Obviously in the current stock/lead time situation that doesn't work as well, but it's what they aim for.

tmrace

by tmrace

Has anyone received more concrete information about frame, fork, and seatpost weights?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com