TheProsCloset... Buyer beware?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Orbital

by Orbital

My frame arrived today. It looks much better IRL than the pictures on their site. I guess that’s just the nature of new cameras and what the naked eye can perceive. Packaging was good. Made it from CO to here just outside Vancouver BC Canada in under a week and best part was they declared it correctly so no duty, brokerage or taxes via FedEx.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Orbital wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:40 pm
My frame arrived today. It looks much better IRL than the pictures on their site. I guess that’s just the nature of new cameras and what the naked eye can perceive. Packaging was good. Made it from CO to here just outside Vancouver BC Canada in under a week and best part was they declared it correctly so no duty, brokerage or taxes via FedEx.
That's good to hear. My frame was the same. I'm hoping that this snafu with the wheels is an outlier.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

darrydonds

by darrydonds

Helpful thread.

Sounds like a mixed bag: sometimes, pictures and text just can't or don't catch all flaws and you get bad surprises. A good return policy is important here. Theirs states:

"If we made an error or the item you received is not as described we will cover return shipping. Otherwise, the return shipping will be deducted from your refund."

What does "not as described" mean? It seems to be open to interpretation. If the wheels you ordered aren't spinning as smoothly as you expect, is it "not as described"? If the glossy paint of the frame you ordered had noticeably lost its luster, is it "not as described"?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Regarding the return policy.. I will say that in my case, I got no push back. They clearly didn't match what they should've been and they immediately said they'd send me the return label. It was pretty drama free.

Initially they said they'd refund the money and I could repurchase and they'd make sure the correct wheels were sent, but then once I got in touch with the original rep. that I had spoken with about the wheels, she immediately said that would not do and she'd arrange to have the replacement wheels shipped immediately, when they saw that the return had been dropped off.

The replacement wheels should be here tomorrow.... I'm waiting pateiently (not patiently).

keno190

by keno190

Just to add another data point, I've bought and sold frames/wheels to them with no issues.

Orbital

by Orbital

Good news!

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I'm glad to hear it worked out! :)

warickwrx

by warickwrx

I recently ordered a 2019 Cannondale Superslice frameset from them. It was advertised as used. However when the frame was spotless, I think it must have been a shop floor frame or similar. I was happy with the purchase and the price. There where a few things missing from the frame. Namely skewers and part of the integrated cockpit but in all fairness they where also missing in the pictures. I have managed to source the parts I require to finish the build. Furthermore I did some time out to research on parts avaialbility before buying the frame. So at the end of the day I had a pleasant experience.

Cheers