NEED: CANE CREEK EE BRAKE DIRECT MOUNT DROP STAY ADAPTOR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PastaMasta1997

by PastaMasta1997

Hi all,

I have just built my tarmac back up with cane creek we brakes, as its a 54 i need the adaptor but cannot find one for the life of me. Everywhere in the uk is sold out/no longer carries them.

Can't turn up anything second hand too and have posted in a few forums. If anyone has one they could sell to me, or knows a good place to enquire/write a post please let me know,

Thanks in advance for your time

Archie

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

PastaMasta1997 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:20 am
Hi all,

I have just built my tarmac back up with cane creek we brakes, as its a 54 i need the adaptor but cannot find one for the life of me. Everywhere in the uk is sold out/no longer carries them.

Can't turn up anything second hand too and have posted in a few forums. If anyone has one they could sell to me, or knows a good place to enquire/write a post please let me know,

Archie
Have you tried Extra UK? They may have one lurking that isn't on stock

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alexmcm09

by alexmcm09

PastaMasta1997 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:20 am
Hi all,

Archie
Good luck, I've been looking for the better part of 12 months. I even contacted Cane Creek but they don't produce it anymore and haven't got any lurking in the parts bin. They were very helpful though and sent me the technical drawings but I couldn't find anyone to machine it for me at a reasonable cost. I ended up just whacking a dura ace caliper on the rear.

ghostinthemachine

by ghostinthemachine

Could you post the technical drawings up? I'm pretty sure there are a handful of people on here who have access to equipment to do small runs of CNC machining.

kode54

by kode54

I have a set of direct mount eeBrakes from a Parlee ESX. Direct mount under chain stay. I'm not sure where they are at the moment...and have to dig deep to find them.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Maddie

by Maddie

I don't remember the hours I searched for this adapter. I was extremely lucky to find a shop in Norway that suddenly had one in their inventory. And I needed some help from a local WW that ordered the part and sent it to me since the shop only shipped nationally.
Good luck finding a shop or get some one who can CNC it for you.

Broady

by Broady

I'm a machinist, I'd be curious to see the tech drawings if you could post them here.

ghostinthemachine

by ghostinthemachine

Think @joejack951 is also set up to do small runs as well?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I have one laying around in the parts bin, cover shipping from the US and its all yours

PastaMasta1997

by PastaMasta1997

@dudemanppl could you send me a message with how much you want for the part and where you would be sending it from so I can work out shipping please?
Thanks

alexmcm09

by alexmcm09

This is what Cane Creek sent me, no idea if it's enough for the machinists or not.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eNC8KWx32er1cv1T7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com