Lightest Aero Rim Brake Frameset?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Cool. Didn't know Yonex made bikes, let alone in Japan

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Neither did i?!? Used to use the yonex rd7 racket years ago but a bike frame

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Reminds me of Wiawis. Experience in making other advanced carbon sporting good transferred to bikes. Maybe they look at the cost of carbon bikes and think it's child's play for the selling price they ask. Lol

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Goddamn, that's my yearly reminder to pester godzuki26 about his Yonex Carbonex...

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

BigBoyND wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:46 am
Reminds me of Wiawis. Experience in making other advanced carbon sporting good transferred to bikes. Maybe they look at the cost of carbon bikes and think it's child's play for the selling price they ask. Lol
See also Neil Pryde although now he's selling them under the Chapter2 brand.

lim87c

by lim87c

If you can find one, a Pinarello Dogma F10 X-Light rim brake frame, was supposed to weigh in around 765 grams, but not sure if that was before paint or with paint.

I have built up a version of this at 6.07kg, size 50.5 cm frame, Schmolke 45 TLO clincher wheels and EPS campy groupset. Not using the Most integrated handlebar though, but have an extralite stem and heavy Enve aero handelbar. I could probably get it sub 6kg by switching to a less aero handlebar and lighter pedals.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

lim87c wrote:If you can find one, a Pinarello Dogma F10 X-Light rim brake frame, was supposed to weigh in around 765 grams, but not sure if that was before paint or with paint.

I have built up a version of this at 6.07kg, size 50.5 cm frame, Schmolke 45 TLO clincher wheels and EPS campy groupset. Not using the Most integrated handlebar though, but have an extralite stem and heavy Enve aero handelbar. I could probably get it sub 6kg by switching to a less aero handlebar and lighter pedals.
This sounds lovely Image get that posted up in the gallery please,Image

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

naavt

by naavt

For what I can remember, NeilPride Bura SL was one of the lightest aero framsets around at a claimed 710g for an M painted frame.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

naavt wrote:For what I can remember, NeilPride Bura SL was one of the lightest aero framsets around at a claimed 710g for an M painted frame.
The NP Bura SL is a lovely bike, by no means it can be considered aero...it has a massive round downtube.

They used to have an aero offering (Nazaré if I am not mistaken), and there was some noise when Tour tested aero and non-aero offering from the same brand, and found the Bura to be more aero than the Nazaré. The reality was that both were quite bad (which is a bit odd since the Nazaré actually had a very traditional NACA profile DT... Difficult to imagine how that would could be less aero than a Bura...)

That Yonex is amazing... But getting one outside of Japan is almost impossible.

Enviado de meu M2007J20CG usando o Tapatalk

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

AndreLM wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:37 pm
naavt wrote:For what I can remember, NeilPride Bura SL was one of the lightest aero framsets around at a claimed 710g for an M painted frame.
The NP Bura SL is a lovely bike, by no means it can be considered aero...it has a massive round downtube.
Ever since Spesh killed the Venge, it seems people consider the SL7 an "aero bike" and that has a round downtube.

I'm in your boat. Round down tube means the bike isnt an "aero bike" even if it is decent aerodynamically for an all-rounder.