Aero Rim - final fling

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

bobones wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:23 am
The current Giant TCR Advanced SL is not a full-on aero frame, more of an all-rounder, but it was redesigned with many aero features and aero performance is claimed to be better than the SL6 and S5. What is in less doubt is that the TCR's stiffness to weight ratio is second to none. The rim brake frameset will easily build into a sub 6.8 kg bike with pedals, cages and computer mount. It takes standard pivot mount brakes and has official clearance for 28 mm rubber, but I know from first hand experience that 30s clear easily. The integrated seat post puts a lot of people off, but I haven't had any issues at all with mine and the whole bike fits in my boot with the saddle at almost 80 cm. Giant may not have the sort of brand cachet you're looking for; however, I doubt there is a better performing rim brake frameset currently in production.

A lot of options come into play if you can accept direct mount brakes, such as Factor One, Cippolini The One, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Basso Diamante SV, Time Scylon, Look 795, Ridley Noah Fast.

I also spotted this Cippolini Bond which appears to have standard mount brakes.
R5 disc, not S5. Huge difference there

xsnailx

by xsnailx

i am on the same search - finnaly narrowed it to : dogma f / f12 / cippolini the one / winspace t1500 - dogma suits me best geometry wise but the availability is close to none in my country :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com