Colnago C68

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eisenwo1f

by eisenwo1f

C68 has been announced! It looks so modern now and uses T47 BB.

https://www.colnago.com/bike-product/detail/c68-bike

Broady

by Broady

Very nice, although it looks a bit V3rs now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velov

by velov

RIP lugs...I'll be keeping my EPS for a long time.
Don't understand the reasoning behind this, they should've differentiated the models more, not make them converge to such a similar aesthetic.

Cemicar

by Cemicar

Does Pogačar have any plan to ride this so-called pinnacle of Colnago? Maybe in the last stage of Tour de France? Colnago doesn't seem to hype up V3Rs that much like Pinarello did for Dogma, apparently knowing that it's the quality of riders that matters.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I think it's fairly obvious that the C64 did not meet sales expectations compared to the C60, even for a low volume product. The C68 shakes things up. It's more Bentley GT than RR Wraith I guess.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Take the decals off and you'd struggle to recognise that it's a Colnago C... frame. A shame to lose the distinctive look of the prominent lugs.

njleach

by njleach

https://cyclingtips.com/2022/04/colnago ... -geometry/
Colnago’s official claimed frame weight is 930 g for a “51s” size (roughly a 56 cm in more conventional sizing nomenclature), unpainted and without any metal parts. That’s not only 100-200 g heavier than many mainstream flagship models, but also slightly heavier than the C64.

velov

by velov

They should've leaned in to what made the C series great. Bring back round tubes with lugs, just add clearance for wide tyres.

jlok

by jlok

Lug construction is only good for the mfg to easily / keep the cost down to create many sizes. Now the distinctive look of lug is also gone. What are the selling points?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

corky

by corky

Personally I like it, it's evolutionary rather than revolutionary well thought out and still pretty to me. Maybe not enough of a differential for a V3RS owner but.....

T47 is a good change and the integrated bar and stem that Is retro fittalble to V3RS in many sizes is awesome.

Dov

by Dov

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:45 am
I think it's fairly obvious that the C64 did not meet sales expectations compared to the C60, even for a low volume product. The C68 shakes things up. It's more Bentley GT than RR Wraith I guess.
I'm not sure how obvious this is. Getting a C64 is still a lengthy process, and my experience has not been that they have a latent workforce waiting for orders to roll in.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

Roel W

by Roel W

velov wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:25 am
RIP lugs...I'll be keeping my EPS for a long time.
Don't understand the reasoning behind this, they should've differentiated the models more, not make them converge to such a similar aesthetic.
Still lugs according to Bikeradar:

The new Colnago C68: what you need to know
- Handmade in Italy in full-carbon or carbon with custom 3D-printed titanium lugs
- New multi-piece modular construction
- 930g claimed frame weight (size 51, unpainted without hardware)
- The C68 won’t be raced at the Tour de France; Pogačar will still be aboard the V3RS
- New 310g CC.01 integrated bar/stem designed for the C68
- NFC tag installed on every bike for a full digital passport
- 3D NFT file also included with custom bikes
- Available to buy directly from Colnago
- Allroad, gravel and rim brake models to follow

Still the look of lugs:

Also: still very overpriced

TimW

by TimW

The Colnago website still says same amount of parts/lugged, but just doesn't really look it and the sizing is different from before. See if a video appears of the construction and if it is in Italy. Glad I have a C64 this just looks too generic to me. T47 was a better choice for BB though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimW

by TimW

The Colnago website still says same amount of parts/lugged, but just doesn't really look it and the sizing is different from before. See if a video appears showing the construction and if it is in Italy. Glad I have a C64 this just looks too generic to me. T47 was a better choice for BB though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk