internal shifting cable liner?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

I am building an internal cable frame and not sure if I am supposed to keep the yellow tubing together with steel cable inside the frame or not. Is it a sleeve or only for fishing cables?

Or pull it out after fishing the steel cable? I think this is what it is for.

I kinked it a bit but had to remove the right one (front derailleur) because 1x build.
Attachments
IMG_1495.jpeg
IMG_1496.jpeg
IMG_1497.jpeg
IMG_1498.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aesch

by Aesch

Remove

havana

by havana

Remove, it's just to guide the cables. Make sure you keep them !!
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

Thanks guys. I think I need to install the fork and shifter first so I know the cable jacket length.

dgdracing

by dgdracing

Slightly OT, but I recently had a very interesting conversation with a Jagwire employee at Euro Bike. They had a model of a bike with internal cables, where the housing was end-to-end through the frame. This should offer better performance and life time of the setup. On some frames you only need to drill holes into the plastic entrances, so no carbon drilling necessary. I find this idea quite interesting - do you have experience in this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

Some people with the bike I pictured above will remove the stop at the seatstay and run full cable. I don't think it is necessary. I think more housing is more friction but it isn't an issue with high quality housing and cable.

I don't have problem with stops, it works similar to bike frame with stops on the downtube. However sometimes the stops are poor quality and people feel they can bypass it with full cable. (full cable is much heavier)