Ultralight bicycle parts by Lucendi

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I managed to model the case for the Lupine Rotlicht Max. - The Lupine Rotlicht Max is a heavy rear bike light at 76,2 grams, but it shines bright and has great battery life, and is in my opinion well worth the weight.

The original case is made from aluminium and weighs a hefty 27,19 grams.

When printed in ABS, the case should weight a mere 10 grams. And bring the total weight down 23% to 59,0 grams. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lucendi

by Lucendi

The printed part;

After weight;

Last edited by Lucendi on Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pop

by Pop

I'm the lord of the rings...
IMG-20220628-090629.jpg

I have to install the rest of the pieces...but I'm very happy with them!!!
Thanks a lot!

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Pop wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:52 am
I'm the lord of the rings...
IMG-20220628-090629.jpg

I have to install the rest of the pieces...but I'm very happy with them!!!
Thanks a lot!
That looks great! ;)

-

If anyone else is interested in the bar end plugs, I have plenty of them already made and ready to be sent out;

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Lucendi, love your work and the evolution of your designs! Have you thought about doing a Quarq battery cover (maybe even an aero one like the red cranks)

Lucendi

by Lucendi

stevec1975 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:44 pm
Lucendi, love your work and the evolution of your designs! Have you thought about doing a Quarq battery cover (maybe even an aero one like the red cranks)
Thank you kindly!

I have not thought about Quarq covers, but judging by what pictures I can find of them it should be easy to do. I would need access to a Quarq crank and a cover though.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Thanks Lucendi - arrived already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucendi

by Lucendi

@ Beancouter

That was fast! Do you have a pic of them installed on the bike? :)

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Frame they are going on is currently having the paint stripped off and then lacquered! All the bits are getting lined up for the build….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I managed to make som saddle rail clamps. Printed in the cf nylon and with M3 screws and nuts clamping them together.

Now I can figure out what attachements to make for them. :)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Very nice mate

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

bobones

by bobones

Lucendi wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:10 pm
I managed to make som saddle rail clamps. Printed in the cf nylon and with M3 screws and nuts clamping them together.
Now I can figure out what attachements to make for them. :)
Nice! I use this type of thing to mount my Varia light/radar. I have a few of them for different bikes, and they usually have a GoPro mount to which the Garmin quarter turn mount is screwed. Some track cyclists mount their computers under the saddle as they're not allowed to have a visible computer on their bars or stem. I suppose you could also mount some kind of holder or mini-bag for CO2 carts, a mini-pump, spare tube etc.

BTW, do your chain catchers work like the SRAM ones with a little screw that pushes against a tab to keep them from being rotated away by the chain? It's almost impossible to find the SRAM ones for sale now, and they're the only design I know that isn't susceptible to being pushed away by the chain.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

bobones wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:21 pm
BTW, do your chain catchers work like the SRAM ones with a little screw that pushes against a tab to keep them from being rotated away by the chain? It's almost impossible to find the SRAM ones for sale now, and they're the only design I know that isn't susceptible to being pushed away by the chain.
The chain catcher has a manual setting for the angle. I have a sacrificial cylinder where the screw usually goes that you shave down to the desired length.

DaiD

by DaiD

Hi Lucendi,

Love your work! A while back you were looking into a more aero bottle cage [possibly with faring-type sides], which I was keenly keeping an eye on, but didn't have a need for it then.

But I decided to sell my TT bike and instead get an aero bike, settling on an Orca Aero. As you probably know though, the bottle solution is great for rides up to 60-90 minutes, but nothing more.

I would be hugely interested in whether you had any more thoughts on developing an aero cage for a normal 750ml bottle. I see the unreleased Giant Propel has quite an interesting solution, much like a mini-faring:
Attachments
2022-07-12.png

Lucendi

by Lucendi

@ DaiD

Thanks for kind words! :)

I have had some help from another forum member to develop the aero bottle cage fairing design;

The fairing weighs more than the bottle cage, and they total about 20 grams together.

-

I can't 3D-print the entire bottle cage without it being massively heavy, but I could maybe combine a 3D-printed shell with some spring steel or carbon fiber to get the necessary clamping forces to hold the bottle secure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com