Ultralight bicycle parts by Lucendi

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lucendi

by Lucendi

SixThirteen wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:00 am
How about aero headset spacers eg more pointed for the front, and kamm tail for the rear?
I like that idea! - Here's a sketch I did in 10 mm height;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lucendi

by Lucendi

!! Update !!

I have invested in a much more capable 3D-printer and I am now able to produce parts in higher strenght where needed. This has opened up many doors to what I am able to produce in terms of strong and functional parts. I have been able to make a SRAM compatible chain catcher, and headset spacers. I am also able to produce my previous design but in new ways and materials. Here's some of my latest photos as posted on Instagram where I showcase some of my new prints and designs;

I have decided to offer my designs by request only and I have removed my Thingiverse. If anyone wants any of my existing designs or something completely new and custom, reply in this thread or send me a PM or email.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Awsome mate congrats

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I can now offer the sub 1 gram bar end plugs in carbon fiber reinforced nylon. They'll do the job just as well as the ultralight ones.

The sub1;

I also designed and made some storage trays to protect the bar end plugs in shipping;

Side by side comparison, ultralight on the left and sub1 on the right (exactly the same size but less material used);

corkycalvin

by corkycalvin

Will the chain catcher have the side adjustment screw access like the original?

cajer

by cajer

How about an aero garmin mount or one that's sized for the appropirate sized garmin eg: not having to run a 830 on a mount that can fit a 1040.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

cajer wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:35 pm
How about an aero garmin mount or one that's sized for the appropirate sized garmin eg: not having to run a 830 on a mount that can fit a 1040.
That is a great question!

I don't know if it is possible to make a durable 3D-printed computer mount due to the weight of the headunit and the strenght needed to keep it from vibrating and perhaps causing material fatigue to the plastic. A 3D-printed computer mount could end up being several times heavier than a commerically available alternative made from aluminium or even injection moulded plastic (injection moulded plastic is significantly stronger than FDM 3D-printed plastic of the exact same type).

I also don't want anyone to drop their expensive headunit and have it destroyed due to an inferior product.

If I were to make one, I would borrow a lot from this RaceWare design Carbon Garmin Edge and Camera mount.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

To anyone interested in the headset (HS) dust cover. The HS dust cover is significantly thinner than most commerically available options and should be taken in consideration before deciding on the spacer height you choose.

The total height of the HS dust cover is 4,4 mm and the thickness where the HS spacer sits between the HS bearing and the HS spacer/stem is 0,4 mm (see details in the drawing below).

corkycalvin

by corkycalvin

Any more information on the sram chain catcher? Is the side adjustment hole on your design?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Lucendi wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:29 pm
The total height of the HS dust cover is 4,4 mm and the thickness where the HS spacer sits between the HS bearing and the HS spacer/stem is 0,4 mm (see details in the drawing below).
What's the weight? Mine started splitting along the concentric filament layers after fitting to a slightly thicker steerer, I might need a replacement.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Klaster_1 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:50 pm
What's the weight? Mine started splitting along the concentric filament layers after fitting to a slightly thicker steerer, I might need a replacement.
The weight of the headset dust cover is 0,77 grams.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

The aero box is now perfected after several prototypes and redesigns. It has a storage volume of 0,510 liters.

Here printed in the cf nylon for maximum strenght (68,9 grams);

When printed in ABS, which has a lower density, it weighs a mere 43,7 grams;

Lucendi

by Lucendi

A comparison of the ultralight UL and SUB1 bar end plugs.

The original UL bar end plugs (1,69 grams) installed on a Darimo Ellipse handlebar with normal (medium thick and squishy) handlebar tape;

And in comparison, this is what the crazy light SUB1 (0,96 g) handlebar end plugs looks like;

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

Love the work, thank you for your attention and care @Lucendi!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corkycalvin

by corkycalvin

How do we get some of these end plugs from you?