33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

Steve Curtis wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:06 am

I've just had the same issue. The store sent the package but the courier will not ship it due to the glue.
The courier return it to the seller but it takes a while. They only know delivery has failed when it arrives back at their office which can take weeks.

Not a great situation, but also not the fault of the seller.
Dang, hadn't thought about the glue causing issues at customs. Hopefully it gets cleared. Planning using the new gravel tube and existings/soon to be repaired road tubes as spares while riding tubeless.

Also hoping to use the RideNow repair kit to repair a road Tubolito, we'll see how that goes.

Yoln

by Yoln

Any seller recommendations on Ali?
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

I initially ordered a pair of road RideNow tubes from ALLCYCLING Store. Arrived without trouble.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000022 ... 1802jkW3Xy

Just ordered a gravel tube + patch kit from Cycling Classic Store and it's supposed to arrive today.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... 1802jkW3Xy

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

just a reference point, in my circle, someone made a reasonably large order (I think 50 tubes?) and got the price down to 8GBP per tube. i need to ask which shop tho.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

I orderd another pair from Cycling classic store on May 23rd recieved today June 13th.

Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

Hazzer19 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:05 pm
I initially ordered a pair of road RideNow tubes from ALLCYCLING Store. Arrived without trouble.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000022 ... 1802jkW3Xy

Just ordered a gravel tube + patch kit from Cycling Classic Store and it's supposed to arrive today.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... 1802jkW3Xy
Follow up to confirm I received the tube+patch kitch from Cycling Classic Store a few days ago. So received the patch kit with glue wasn't a challenge here thankfully.

SilverSteve

by SilverSteve

Anyone else have their ordered delayed/cancelled from Cycling Classic Store?
I ordered 4 - Gravel, 4 - Road, and a patch kit on June 1st. Tracking number says "Shipment Cancelled".
Seller gave some canned response of "Due to the influence of covid-19, yada, yada..."
I'm in the U.S. BTW.

vgcl

by vgcl

What would be the ideal inner tube size for 35mm tires mounted in 19.5mm rims (should measure about 34mm)? The 18-32 or 32-47?

I know it might sound like a stupid question (and I'm not trying to save 10 grams), but there's a lot of reports saying that butyl inner tubes rated for 3x-4x are usually way to big for tires like this, and don't fit well. People usually prefer tubes rated for around 28.

What do you guys think? From the pictures in RideNow Facebook the 32-47 tube seems really big.

SilverSteve

by SilverSteve

vgcl wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:14 pm
What would be the ideal inner tube size for 35mm tires mounted in 19.5mm rims (should measure about 34mm)? The 18-32 or 32-47?

I know it might sound like a stupid question (and I'm not trying to save 10 grams), but there's a lot of reports saying that butyl inner tubes rated for 3x-4x are usually way to big for tires like this, and don't fit well. People usually prefer tubes rated for around 28.

What do you guys think? From the pictures in RideNow Facebook the 32-47 tube seems really big.

I would personally go with the 32-47 tube.
I have the 18-32 on my road bike and the material does seem as "elastic" as a butyl or latex tube.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

When between size,
Plastic/ TPU tubes: go with larger size. It is designed to stretch a certain amount before plastic deformation. Blowing it oversize can damage it.
Latex tubes: go with smaller one. Think of rubber balloon. Latex tube is that flexible. It doesn't mind inflating a bit bigger than designated spec.
Using too big latex tube actually makes it hard to distribute slack evenly and cause some kink, seam where it folds.

Treptay

by Treptay

vgcl wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:14 pm

On my gravel bike, I have butyl tubes rated up to 25mm tires, that I use with 38mm tires, no problems.
However, plastic only stretches a small amount before it permanently deforms. So you should go with the larger size

vgcl

by vgcl

Thanks for the replies!

Doing some maths, I discovered I would need a inner tube with around 94mm of circumference for a 32 tire (measuring 31) and 103.5mm for a 35 (34). Plus a little more to cover inside of the rim. In this picture, using the Park Tool scale as reference, I estimated the inner tube to have around 100mm of circumference, so it should work, for both sizes. And maybe give a little more protection.

I've never hold a TPU tube in my hands, I just assumed it would always plastic deform. When inflated outside the tire they form this bubble. I always assumed that this bubble would be contained by the tire, and spread around it, making it even. So, they fit into the tire by stretching a little?

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

They also say not to inflate them past 0.5 psi outside of a tyre.

vgcl

by vgcl

One more question, there's a meaningful difference in comfort and ride quality between tubeless and TPU tubes?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

vgcl wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:11 pm
One more question, there's a meaningful difference in comfort and ride quality between tubeless and TPU tubes?
If we are talking high end race tires, a super thin TPU inner tube, or better still, latex in a suple cloth clincher will provide a better ride than most, if not all tubeless tires. But if it is just comfort you are after, the right size tubeless at the right pressure gets you most of the way there.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com