33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

paulpongco

by paulpongco

i got this several weeks back and have done close to 1000KMs on them with no puncture. Installed on Roval Rapide CLX.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

I ordered 2 of these tubes but the seller never shipped so Aliexpress automatically canceled the order......................................................................................................... frustrating least to say!

greycat

by greycat

I ordered a few inner tubes and their repair kit during the aliexpress sale last week.

I seen some sellers on aliexpress are listing they can't ship out of country. While most haven't changed shipping.
My order says shipped. It originally estimated May 12th. Now says delayed at port.

Mog88

by Mog88

This was the seller I bought from. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003874945947.
When I ordered they were the only seller I could find selling them but there are definitely more now.

jff

by jff

Bought them as well. I now have been using them for 3 weeks (~900km) on belgian (read: terrible condition) roads in all conditions and I'm very pleased.
It's also ideal as compact spare inner tube.

Previous experience with polymer inner tubes:
- Turbolito: leaking valves and punctures easlity when you use them as spare tube after a flat.
- Wolfpack TPU: 2 cases where the tubes was leaking air at the part where the tube is bonded together to 'close' the circle after several days of use.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

I've just ordered a few of these tubes too. Looking forward to trying them.

SystemShock

by SystemShock

Wow, so light. Probably as light or lighter than the amount of sealant used in your typical tubeless road setup.

Anyone use the Schwalbe TPU tubes yet? :hmm:

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

Hi everyone, could anyone do me a favour and measure the total length of the valve? I'm wanting to run these on a set of 65mm rims.

Fortunately the Vittoria Latex valves are specified as 46mm but are fine being run on my 45mm wheels without extenders so I'm hoping to do the same

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

SystemShock wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:23 pm
Anyone use the Schwalbe TPU tubes yet? :hmm:
I have lots of experience with the Schwalbe Aerothans. They have been very good for me under fairly extreme conditions - big descents on some nasty rough roads (Fauniera and Sempeyre among others). Thousands of kms by now with no problems and just two punctures that leaked slowly as they should. Search, there is a thread here with good info. They are stupid expensive. Just bought 6 Ridenow from Ali. I like the idea of the longer 65mm valve stem. The Aerothans are only 40mm, so I need a extension for most of my wheels.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

alanyu

by alanyu

FYI, those who rides rim brake and climbs/descends a lot should avoid ridenow TPU tubes.

Kirito Zhang (岛野肠粉), who tested the integral bar stiffness, etc., has tested the thermal limitation of this tube. RideNow exploded when the brake track of a carbon rim reached 154.7 C, which is lower than most of the brake track delamination temperature (160-220 C). Since the thermal conduction of carbon is very low, the softening temperature of RideNow is way lower than 150 C.

P. S., Alu has much higher thermal conduction than carbon. Don't risk yourself if you are descending with alu rim brake wheels.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220408-180753.png

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

alanyu wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:11 pm
FYI, those who rides rim brake and climbs/descends a lot should avoid ridenow TPU tubes.

Kirito Zhang (岛野肠粉), who tested the integral bar stiffness, etc., has tested the thermal limitation of this tube. RideNow exploded when the brake track of a carbon rim reached 154.7 C, which is lower than most of the brake track delamination temperature (160-220 C). Since the thermal conduction of carbon is very low, the softening temperature of RideNow is way lower than 150 C.

P. S., Alu has much higher thermal conduction than carbon. Don't risk yourself if you are descending with alu rim brake wheels.
150 Celcius (300 fahrenheit) still seems like an adequate number for most situations.

As for the comment on aluminum, are you saying that an aluminum rim can get even hotter before it fails? Or that hot aluminum will be more likely to melt the tube than hot carbon?

Either way, if your wheels get that hot due to terrain and/or large mass of the rider, that's a problem best dealt with by avoiding rim brakes.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jih

by jih

BigBoyND wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:27 am
https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/inner-tube ... resistance

The fastest TPU is just 1W slower than latex (for a pair of wheels at 45 kph), while the slowest TPU is similar to a light butyl tube.
Since I ride tubeless, the point of a tube is to carry in my pocket for if I get a bad puncture that can't heal on the road. In this context it's just weight so lighter is faster, no matter the RR of the tube.