33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
SystemShock

by SystemShock

Think I'm definitely going to try the Aerothans once I use up the couple of butyl tubes I still have left.

Saving 120 grams of rotating weight per wheelset over standard butyl (and 60g over lightweight butyl or latex) looks like a cheap-for-money-spent win in my book.

Treptay

by Treptay

SystemShock wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:25 pm
Think I'm definitely going to try the Aerothans once I use up the couple of butyl tubes I still have left.

Saving 120 grams of rotating weight per wheelset over standard butyl (and 60g over lightweight butyl or latex) looks like a cheap-for-money-spent win in my book.
I think that I am going to do the same. Either aerothans or tubolitos, depending on the availability. And also, your spare inner tube in the saddle bag also gets lighter and more compact, so you can carry two for the same weight and space.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SystemShock

by SystemShock

Treptay wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:40 am
SystemShock wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:25 pm

I think that I am going to do the same. Either aerothans or tubolitos, depending on the availability.

And also, your spare inner tube in the saddle bag also gets lighter and more compact, so you can carry two for the same weight and space.
True, and that's a very underrated advantage... especially for ppl like me who are pretty OCD about carrying significant stuff yet having it all fit into a medium saddle-bag. :doh:

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

how are the plastic stem holding up? my Tobolito stem cracked after 1 use

jlok

by jlok

Got a pair of S-Tubos with 60mm valves. Work fine, no problem.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

usr

by usr

Cracked, where? I'm just surprised, after seeing far more material in the stem than expected.

That said, I did have one heat failure in the stem area, the stem/tube transition blew into the valve hole in apparently semi-molten state (stuck behind half a dozen cars or so, missed an early opportunity to pass because there was also a motorcyclist who I expected to go first, but he didn't)

gSporco

by gSporco

So I have 4 of these, and although I haven't ridden on them yet, the 2 I have installed; inflated to 80psi, are holding steady at 72psi for over 2 weeks just sitting in the basement..

Im running discs, but those of you who suffered failures so far, are you running rim brakes?
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Mine arrived today. Both 33g on two different digital scales.
It's the size that got me, super compact if you want to use one as a reserve tube.

This is it compared to a latex tube rolled up asbout as small at I can get it.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

It's the size that got me, super compact if you want to use one as a reserve tube.

This is it compared to a latex tube rolled up asbout as small as I can get it.

SystemShock

by SystemShock

Steve Curtis wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:19 pm

This is it compared to a latex tube rolled up asbout as small as I can get it.

Whoa... crazy difference in packing volume. :!:

usr

by usr

Well, latex tubes aren't exactly the most compact of the bunch. A moderately lightweight butyl tube would look more similar to the the TPU of than to the latex one.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

usr wrote:Well, latex tubes aren't exactly the most compact of the bunch. A moderately lightweight butyl tube would look more similar to the the TPU of than to the latex one.
My tubes arrived today - difference in size to a butyl is significant (the one in the photo is a race lite, so pretty small; it is also rated to 28c, whereas the TPU is 30c)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimV

by JimV

Has anyone had any luck finding a slow leek with any TPU tube? I have a Revoloop that has a slow leek. When following the recomendations for psi when not in a tire, it won't make bubbles in a bucket of water.

Mog88

by Mog88

JimV wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:30 pm
Has anyone had any luck finding a slow leek with any TPU tube? I have a Revoloop that has a slow leek. When following the recomendations for psi when not in a tire, it won't make bubbles in a bucket of water.
I once had luck covering the tube in dish soap, inflating it, then leaving it hung up on a coat hanger, and got some bubbles formed around the leak.

kilo

by kilo

Does anyone know if there is for 42 tires?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com