33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
stermyx

by stermyx

kilo wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:08 pm
feedback of Ridenow tubes with carbon rims?
it seems that CYCLami tubes are more suitable for carbon rim brakes
Im using it like 500km ago, no problems. Have to see that here i have not many hard braking points, but i think it wont be a problem. Ridenows are made compatible with rim brakes (like 32 grams, the light tubolito (20 grams) for example are not compatible with rim brakes).

C36

by C36

kilo wrote:feedback of Ridenow tubes with carbon rims?
it seems that CYCLami tubes are more suitable for carbon rim brakes
A partial data point, until someone brings a better one, I have one on my REAR rim brake wheel and did around 900km going up and down the alps.
So clearly not as stressfull than being on the front wheel but probably harder than people riding on flatter area.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Turrifik

by Turrifik

Has anyone had good experiences with TPU tubes where the valve cores are removable?

Vittoria Ultra Lights are the only ones I’m aware of, but I haven’t used them. I’ve used Tubolito and Ridenow for about 2 years.

Reason I’m looking is bc of 80mm wheels that need valve extenders. Most TPU valve cores are glued in these days.

I was able to unthread the core of a Pirelli smart tube, but this required breaking the glue bond. Will try Teflon tape and re-gluing an extender.

If it’s too much trouble, I may just set up the 80mm wheels tubeless and see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C36

by C36

Turrifik wrote:Has anyone had good experiences with TPU tubes where the valve cores are removable?

Vittoria Ultra Lights are the only ones I’m aware of, but I haven’t used them. I’ve used Tubolito and Ridenow for about 2 years.

Reason I’m looking is bc of 80mm wheels that need valve extenders. Most TPU valve cores are glued in these days.

I was able to unthread the core of a Pirelli smart tube, but this required breaking the glue bond. Will try Teflon tape and re-gluing an extender.

If it’s too much trouble, I may just set up the 80mm wheels tubeless and see how that goes.

Use a mavic extension initially for non removable core-valves tubes. Your valve would be fully hidden.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Turrifik wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:52 pm
Has anyone had good experiences with TPU tubes where the valve cores are removable?
I have removed and reinstalled Revoloop cores without issue. Also, Schwalbe Aerothan has removable cores but haven't tried it with an extender yet.

Turrifik

by Turrifik

BigBoyND wrote:
Turrifik wrote:
I have removed and reinstalled Revoloop cores without issue. Also, Schwalbe Aerothan has removable cores but haven't tried it with an extender yet.
Thanks. So it looks like Vittoria, Revoloop, and Aerothan have removable cores.

Is one more reliable than the others? I only ask because the early Tubolito days were a nuisance.

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

BigBoyND wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:44 am
Turrifik wrote:

I can assure you guys that Schwalbe Aerothane definately has removalble core and I did put extender on those tubes for times. No issues.

Turrifik

by Turrifik

Thanks. What type of extender did you use?

Some have found the plastic threads can leak or fail when connected to certain metal extenders, and latching a pump on.

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

Turrifik wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:33 pm
I used Vittoria ones.

HBike

by HBike

Turrifik wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:33 pm

Some have found the plastic threads can leak or fail when connected to certain metal extenders, and latching a pump on.

Aerothan + Schwalbe extension (30mm and 60mm extensions possible).
Schwalbe are quite good. Low RR, high puncture resistance (see tests in German roadbike, BRR, Aerocoach).
Use Aerothan's for quite some time now.

orange77

by orange77

Hello, anyone running the ridenow tpu in clinchers and veloplugs? Thanks

Enviado do meu SM-G973F através do Tapatalk

C36

by C36

orange77 wrote:Hello, anyone running the ridenow tpu in clinchers and veloplugs? Thanks

I do (on a rear wheel, wanted to test prior trying on the front), I inspected the tube after around 1000km and there was no marks or signs of wear.
I ride on mountains (7-12km climbs, 15% max but I wouldn’t say they require high frequency of strong braking, so rim can cool down)

orange77

by orange77

C36 wrote:
orange77 wrote:Hello, anyone running the ridenow tpu in clinchers and veloplugs? Thanks

I do (on a rear wheel, wanted to test prior trying on the front), I inspected the tube after around 1000km and there was no marks or signs of wear.
I ride on mountains (7-12km climbs, 15% max but I wouldn’t say they require high frequency of strong braking, so rim can cool down)
Thanks Image

I will also try.

Thanks again and best regards Image

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

orange77 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:50 pm
Hello, anyone running the ridenow tpu in clinchers and veloplugs? Thanks

I also try in C24 wheelset without any problem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

New experiment: valve stem leakage got clogged up by Vittoria pitstop.

My rear ridenow 29g road tube got a small leakage on the root of valve stem. I checked it by dipping it under water and seeing small bubbles coming up. I was wondering wether it is repairable with sealant.But as valve core is not separable, I decided to use an obsolete old sealant canister "Pitstop" which was designed to be used without vavle core removed. I used 1/3 of it and wait.

Now it holds air 90psi without any problem.

IMO, some tube sealants like Slime sealant or OKO automobile may work.