33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
macwatt

by macwatt

Exar wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:12 am
What's the best Ali seller for these? Either the quickest or the cheapest would do. Aliexpress's way of listing/sorting prices (based on the cheapest 'version' of the product, often a patch kit) isn't helpful.
The last RideNow tubes I purchased were from BikeGPS Store price was low and shipping was fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rhender

by rhender

I've had mine for a while and I just went to fit them and the valve hole on my Reserve wheels is too small for the stem on the Ridenow TPUs. Especially frustrating as I don't currently have another backup tube :/

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I imagine these will be fine on my carbon wheels paired with disc brakes. However, I'd like to try these with my rim brake bike with alloy wheels. Am I asking for trouble? I'm a conservative descender and ride a lot in the mountains (Switzerland). What do y'all say?

worstje

by worstje

iamraymond wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:04 pm
I imagine these will be fine on my carbon wheels paired with disc brakes. However, I'd like to try these with my rim brake bike with alloy wheels. Am I asking for trouble? I'm a conservative descender and ride a lot in the mountains (Switzerland). What do y'all say?
Please have a look at my earlier contributions to this thread. All said. Enjoy the Alps!

wilwil

by wilwil

Fitted two Ride Nows. The front lasted about 10 miles found it flat a few hours after returning home. There was a pin hole in the side. Fitted another one. Four miles into the next ride the rear started going down. Another pin hole in the road facing face. The replacement front has survived about 50 miles so far. Not convinced.

worstje

by worstje

wilwil wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:18 pm
Fitted two Ride Nows. The front lasted about 10 miles found it flat a few hours after returning home. There was a pin hole in the side. Fitted another one. Four miles into the next ride the rear started going down. Another pin hole in the road facing face. The replacement front has survived about 50 miles so far. Not convinced.
After >1000 km and >12,000 HM, I have only experienced a single flat, whereby the tire side wall (GP5000, 28-622) had a 2-cm long cut received from a sharp and bent metal ring lying on a dirty bikeway. This would have killed any tubeless setup, too. No issues on longer cobble stone and gravel sections at all.

Third tube in a row without any flaws, yet. Hold pressure quite well, too. Care is definitely required while fitting the tube.

PeytonM

by PeytonM

I'm having good luck with these as well. One flat from glass but other wise been fine. Hold air better then light butyl tubes. I'm running around 75psi with these (gp5k 28mm)

macwatt

by macwatt

I'm sure I picked up this thorn on the 11th as a tractor was cutting hedges at the side of the road there was debris everywhere on the road. I was back out on the 19th without issues however I did notice the tyre wasn't holding pressure like before dropping 65 - 40 psi over a few days. I'm no expert but I would say if it had been a standard butyl or latex tube I would of had an instant puncture. I have applied a Tubolito patch to see if that will let me re use the tube or if it's end of life.
25EA1761-906E-4839-823E-3570BAA153EC.png
711616F1-21E6-4693-B115-1F234F734545.jpeg
802E42FA-5174-4377-A379-8BAA754A3E13.png

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

A brief update.

Just picked up a stash of tubes

X6 with an average weight of 32.33g. Great consistency.

The super light tubes

Gravel tubes

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I've been using these for a few rides totalling 300km and 6000m and wanted to share my first thoughts.
  • They hold air much longer than my Vittoria latex tubes. I also commute with my bike and it was a hassle to pump up the tires every morning before work. Now, I pump up my tires once or twice a week.
  • They don't feel has comfortable as latex at the same pressures. They feel closer to light butyl tubes like Continental Supersonics.
  • Only puncture I had so far is my own fault when installing. I tried patching with a Park Tool GP-2 Super Patch (my preferred patch) and it held air for about an hour before it started leaking. I've ordered a couple more RideNow tubes on AE along with a patch kit.
  • The 65mm valve stem looks a bit out of place with shallow, alloy wheels.

usr

by usr

macwatt wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:27 pm
I'm sure I picked up this thorn on the 11th as a tractor was cutting hedges at the side of the road there was debris everywhere on the road. I was back out on the 19th without issues however I did notice the tyre wasn't holding pressure like before dropping 65 - 40 psi over a few days. I'm no expert but I would say if it had been a standard butyl or latex tube I would of had an instant puncture.
Also not an expert, but I believe that this is exactly the kind of attack where latex excels: the depth of the thorn is well within the range where latex happily stretches and the tip is too blunt to poke through despite the tube's willingness to stretch (it made it through the outer due to force, not because of sharpness, and the force is irrelevant as long as the tube yields by stretching). If the latex tube fails after a thorn attack, I believe that it's more likely from squeezing itself through the hole in the tire after the thorn is removed, not from physical contact with the thorn. Compared to other time materials, and in particular when compared to TPU, latex behaves almost like a liquid.

If you have an old latex tube at hand, try to cut it with a knife, without a cutting board surface. I think you'll understand what I mean.

wilwil

by wilwil

Hazzer19 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:43 am
After receiving my last order of a gravel RideNow tube and patch kit, I attempted to path a few tires, two were RideNow and one Tubolito. I expected the RideNow ones to work and maybe the Tubolito. No luck with either. I followed the instruction provided in the patch kit and all 3 were leaking air after following all the steps and waiting the correct amount of time.

The patches, which seems to be just cut up pieces of RideNow tubes seem to curl up then they come into contact with the adhesic therefore making it hard to create a seal, even when pressing down with your thumbs. Pretty dissapointed as I would like to get more life out of these tubes...

Please let me know if you have suggestions!
Same problem. I would say they are not repairable at least not safely. Not sure why they sell these repair kits.

knightskid

by knightskid

Hazzer19 wrote:
After receiving my last order of a gravel RideNow tube and patch kit, I attempted to path a few tires, two were RideNow and one Tubolito. I expected the RideNow ones to work and maybe the Tubolito. No luck with either. I followed the instruction provided in the patch kit and all 3 were leaking air after following all the steps and waiting the correct amount of time.

The patches, which seems to be just cut up pieces of RideNow tubes seem to curl up then they come into contact with the adhesic therefore making it hard to create a seal, even when pressing down with your thumbs. Pretty dissapointed as I would like to get more life out of these tubes...

Indeed the patch kit is the cut up of the tubes.

And it did curl up, so, i add some glue on the curl area and press it to stick. Manage to patch 3 holes and did 2 rides(150km and 100km) without leaking at the moment.

knightskid

by knightskid

Currently have this tubes from Cyclami, not sure anyone ordered to try it out?

So far only have 2 stores(BikeGPS and bikego) have this tubes.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOQoR36
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrrpJDm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lukaszzsch

by lukaszzsch

wilwil wrote:
Hazzer19 wrote:

Same problem. I would say they are not repairable at least not safely. Not sure why they sell these repair kits.
I have patched my tubolitos at least 10 times and never experienced any fault. TPU tubes can be easily repaired but most likely ridenow kit is poor itself. Buy cheap tubolito patch kit and use it.

P.s. two weeks ago I was forced to follow instructions very precisely and had to use patched tube 30 minutes after gluing without any problems.