33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
ongbenghui

by ongbenghui

Anyone tested CO2 with this tube yet ? any side effect? i understand CO2 with a regular butyl tube will cause a slow leak.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Hazzer19 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 5:29 pm
Has one recently been able to buy the Ridenow gravel tube (700 x 32-47C)? Seems to be out of stock everywhere I check
I messaged RideNow Store on Facebook about a month ago and they were not available yet.
You might try messaging them again. Please let me know if they are available somewhere. Would be nice to save some weight on the gravel bike.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

ongbenghui wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:09 am
Anyone tested CO2 with this tube yet ? any side effect? i understand CO2 with a regular butyl tube will cause a slow leak.
As always with CO2, it goes in very cold. It can freeze the tube which can crack and leak when it exands as you fill. Always a greater risk with very thin tubes. I always go slow at first and occasionally pause to allow the tube to warm up. Prefer a pump for this reason.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

micky

by micky

Im tempted to give these a try but it seems many bought it as a spare as it save a lot of space.
What's the riding review for those who were able to put some kms in?

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

About 500k in and all good.
Feel great, don't lose air, and sound great - which I wasn't expecting.

JimV

by JimV

Mog88 I will give the soap trick a try thanks.

Mog88

by Mog88

micky wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:13 pm
Im tempted to give these a try but it seems many bought it as a spare as it save a lot of space.
What's the riding review for those who were able to put some kms in?
I've been switching back and forth between these and latex tubes and I'd say I think I can notice a difference in favour of latex, but I'd bet that if you did a blind test I wouldn't be able to tell. Certainly roll better than butyl. And I've had zero issues.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

The patch kit actually works, but you have to follow the instructions. I had to mark the hole with a sharpie then just cleaned the area with alcohol wipes. Apply glue let it get tacky for a minute(more than that the glue dries out and patch won't stick) before sticking the patch then cure it for 30 minutes. Looks messy because my first time.

Bfriesen

by Bfriesen

RimClencher wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 12:37 pm
Hazzer19 wrote:
Has one recently been able to buy the Ridenow gravel tube (700 x 32-47C)? Seems to be out of stock everywhere I check
I messaged RideNow Store on Facebook about a month ago and they were not available yet.
You might try messaging them again. Please let me know if they are available somewhere. Would be nice to save some weight on the gravel bike.
I ordered one from allcycling store on aliexpress, but they never shipped it and gave me a fake tracking number. Aliexpress refunded me no problem, but still frustrating.
2020 Cannondale Supersix
2021 Argon 18 Gallium Disc
2018 Trek Crockett

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Bfriesen wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:55 pm
RimClencher wrote:
Hazzer19 wrote:
I ordered one from allcycling store on aliexpress, but they never shipped it and gave me a fake tracking number. Aliexpress refunded me no problem, but still frustrating.
Weird, I ordered from that store and it worked pretty good. They also had pretty decent reviews

I had the same experience as you with "YES triathlon" store which was horrible and never shipped anything :P

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

Bfriesen wrote:
RimClencher wrote:
Hazzer19 wrote:
I had a similar issue with another store, they cancelled my order but still had Shipped as the status. I am still persuing this with AliExpress.
I reordered through allcycling store.🙁

Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

For those interested in the gravel size RideNow tubes, this store now has them and I got them to create a bundle option with repair kit as I need one for the road tubes I have. Haven't received it yet, just ordered FYI

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... 1802FVEbMC

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

mikemelbrooks wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:53 am
Bfriesen wrote:
RimClencher wrote:
Hazzer19 wrote:
I had a similar issue with another store, they cancelled my order but still had Shipped as the status. I am still persuing this with AliExpress.
I've just had the same issue. The store sent the package but the courier will not ship it due to the glue.
The courier return it to the seller but it takes a while. They only know delivery has failed when it arrives back at their office which can take weeks.

Not a great situation, but also not the fault of the seller.

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Hazzer19 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:41 pm
For those interested in the gravel size RideNow tubes, this store now has them and I got them to create a bundle option with repair kit as I need one for the road tubes I have. Haven't received it yet, just ordered FYI

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... 1802FVEbMC
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered as well. I'm only planning on using these for gravel so will try my luck with normal self-adhesive patches.

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

Steve Curtis wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:06 am
mikemelbrooks wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:53 am
Bfriesen wrote:
RimClencher wrote:

I've just had the same issue. The store sent the package but the courier will not ship it due to the glue.
The courier return it to the seller but it takes a while. They only know delivery has failed when it arrives back at their office which can take weeks.

Not a great situation, but also not the fault of the seller.
I got my refund from the seller yeterday. They also messaged me to say that they are back in stock and I can reorder them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com