33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
timeout93

by timeout93

Have any of you ever had a problem with the thickness of the valve? Unfortunately, the valve does not fit with me in the rims (45mm carbon clincher). I do not know now whether I should try to remove material at the valve or to enlarge the rim hole.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

I received my tubes and the "patch kit" - although the patch kit includes rubber cement...... I doubt that works for these tubes as every other legit manufacturer uses self-adhesive patches. Anyone else with input on this?

Also, I put mine straight in the saddlebag without testing 'em.

Have any of you had faulty tubes out of the box?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

The five I have are fine. 4 being used and one spare.

Mog88

by Mog88

Got 3, used all of them without issue.

ongbenghui

by ongbenghui

Hi folks, got a set of the tube. Can folks advise, what is the use of the O-ring on the valve stem? is it supposed to be at the bottom of the stem? or ?

Mog88

by Mog88

ongbenghui wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:53 pm
Hi folks, got a set of the tube. Can folks advise, what is the use of the O-ring on the valve stem? is it supposed to be at the bottom of the stem? or ?
You don't need it, it's meant to be like the small nut you'd get with a butyl or latex inner tube that you'd screw onto the stem once it's on the rim

ongbenghui

by ongbenghui

Mog88 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:49 pm
ongbenghui wrote:
You don't need it, it's meant to be like the small nut you'd get with a butyl or latex inner tube that you'd screw onto the stem once it's on the rim
I see... that can be useful to start pumping air into the tube. So, reckon the O-ring is supposed to be on top of the rim exposed.

Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

ongbenghui wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:59 pm
Mog88 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:49 pm
ongbenghui wrote:
I see... that can be useful to start pumping air into the tube. So, reckon the O-ring is supposed to be on top of the rim exposed.
A mechanic told me the O ring (at least for Tubolitos) should be on the inside of the rim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

I put it inside to protect the cutting from rim.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

TPU easily deforms. When inflated with O-ring inside it will make a crease on that area.

Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

Has one recently been able to buy the Ridenow gravel tube (700 x 32-47C)? Seems to be out of stock everywhere I check

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

ome rodriguez wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:45 pm
TPU easily deforms. When inflated with O-ring inside it will make a crease on that area.
OK, I will changed that.
Thanks

usr

by usr

eucalyptus wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 5:31 pm
I received my tubes and the "patch kit" - although the patch kit includes rubber cement...... I doubt that works for these tubes as every other legit manufacturer uses self-adhesive patches. Anyone else with input on this?
If it is a solvent specifically made for gluing difficult plastics (and not just the usual vulcanizing agent used for butyl or latex, which is hardly more than petrol with some additive to make it evaporate not quite as fast), then it might very well be the good stuff. Tubolito has gone through multiple iterations of self-adhesive patches before eventually switching their repair kits to Rema Tiptop Camplast which seems to be the least bad so far.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

usr wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:31 pm
eucalyptus wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 5:31 pm
If it is a solvent specifically made for gluing difficult plastics (and not just the usual vulcanizing agent used for butyl or latex, which is hardly more than petrol with some additive to make it evaporate not quite as fast), then it might very well be the good stuff. Tubolito has gone through multiple iterations of self-adhesive patches before eventually switching their repair kits to Rema Tiptop Camplast which seems to be the least bad so far.
It is literally regular general rubber cement found in any decent bike shop... Says on the tube too, "for all kinds of rubber".

I learned there is both vulcanizing something and then rubber cement, both intended for the same stuff basically, same material.

There is just no way this rubber cement is gonna work with TPU plastics. I have some Revoloop patches but I never got to use to them yet, which is great :D

I carry 2 Ridenow tubes with me on all road rides, really great! Saving so much space and weight in the backpocket.