new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

reedplayer

by reedplayer

cajer wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:36 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:44 pm
cajer wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:33 pm

The sizes should scale linearly, as that allows you to cover the max amount of people/fitting volume with the fewest sizes. In your instance, you are able to compensate with a 10-15mm longer stem which are provided for current super bikes.

No bikes from major brands scale linearly. They’re not supposed to. Like I just freakin’ said, body morphology doesn’t scale equally in each axis.

And sorry, but no, I just told you what longer stems don’t do for me. They don’t give me the front-center I need for a stable / balanced riding position. I cope with it.
The Cervelo geometries scale linearly. Their S5 Disc white paper had a chart comparing stack and reach across geometries from various companies, but the paper was taken down. I did find one of their older geometries vs older bikes, but this is pretty dated.

Slight handling instability is still better than someone just not able to ride the bike

If you look at old Spesh in particular their reach basically doesn't change with the smaller frames.

Hello,

primarily a result from the constant seat angle of 73°, being used over the whole size range.

regards,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

davidesancho

by davidesancho

At least three Movistar with the new ultimate. Mas, Verona and Izaguirre

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

martocom

by martocom

This frame needs to be at around 650 gramm (advertised) to be any kind of attractive.
Can't see this anyone buying if it's just a touch lighter than modern aero-lightweight frames.

Maddie

by Maddie

All Canyon road frames sell like crazy, even the old Ultimate and the Aeroad with all its difficulties.

This new Ultimate will not be an exception, independent of how light the frame actually is

njleach

by njleach

martocom wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 am
This frame needs to be at around 650 gramm (advertised) to be any kind of attractive.
Can't see this anyone buying if it's just a touch lighter than modern aero-lightweight frames.
Judging by the photos, it's a nice-looking fully-integrated frame. Even if the frame is 750g, people will still snap it up, particularly if Canyon keep their complete bike prices reasonable compared to the competition

ddavis

by ddavis

The new Propel showing up in BEX colors on TDF Instragram

eric01

by eric01

That giant propel or whatever it’s going to be called is looking better every day. Team paint is cool too
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

RDY

by RDY

davidesancho wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:53 am
At least three Movistar with the new ultimate. Mas, Verona and Izaguirre

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Hopefully they offer it with a separate semi-integrated stem option as well as fully integrated combined bar/stem.

Then there will be an integration option for the Aeroad CF SL (i.e. the better one - without 'quill' stem and adjustable bars).

eric01

by eric01

thirdsun wrote:
cajer wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:36 pm
Yea, that frame is wayyy too long for me. What were they thinking 380mm in a size 47? Plus some sizes with 1/0mm reach difference between them....
Same. I know I'm rather small at 166 cm but what about women? It's not rare for them to be smaller than that. A reach of 380 mm for the smallest frame seems insane to me. However I noticed this with quite a few manufacturers lately: Their smallest sizes are way too long. Giant TCR Advanced (383 mm), Merida Reacto (384 mm), Cube Agree (378 mm). I could go on.

My primary options are basically down to Canyon and Cervelo these days. Which is fine because I (and my wallet) really like Canyon. And I've always been keen on a Cervelo - maybe some day.
Giant size xs reach is 376 and Merida xxl is 377?

pmprego

by pmprego

ddavis wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:48 pm
The new Propel showing up in BEX colors on TDF Instragram
It seems to be cable inside the stem... Why can't they follow a solution under the stem and not inside the stem. Specialized/trek solution is so simple, neat and easy to work with. They don't really have to reinvent the wheel...

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Between the Propel, Foil, Madone, and any other major releases this year, the tour magazine tests should be interesting.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

eric01 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:14 pm
thirdsun wrote:
cajer wrote:
Yea, that frame is wayyy too long for me. What were they thinking 380mm in a size 47? Plus some sizes with 1/0mm reach difference between them....
Same. I know I'm rather small at 166 cm but what about women? It's not rare for them to be smaller than that. A reach of 380 mm for the smallest frame seems insane to me. However I noticed this with quite a few manufacturers lately: Their smallest sizes are way too long. Giant TCR Advanced (383 mm), Merida Reacto (384 mm), Cube Agree (378 mm). I could go on.

My primary options are basically down to Canyon and Cervelo these days. Which is fine because I (and my wallet) really like Canyon. And I've always been keen on a Cervelo - maybe some day.
Giant doesn't list a TCR smaller than S for me: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/de/tcr-advanced-0
Merida Reacto in XS has a reach of 384 mm unless we're looking at different geo tables: https://www.merida-bikes.com/de-de/bike ... eacto-9000
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

eric01

by eric01

Huh. International site is different. Maybe Merida thinks there are no short people in Germany?

https://www.merida-bikes.com/en/bike/3081/reacto-9000

pmprego

by pmprego

eric01 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:51 pm
Huh. International site is different. Maybe Merida thinks there are no short people in Germany?

https://www.merida-bikes.com/en/bike/3081/reacto-9000
Are there? :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cajer

by cajer

eric01 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:14 pm
thirdsun wrote:
cajer wrote:

Same here. However if I chose to run non integrated bars I can go 70 mm stem (sl7) with an 75mm reach bar. But that's losing a good bit of aero...

Does anyone know when the cervelo s5 release date will be? Once that comes out I'll make my decision for new bike