new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bet609

by bet609

any new info on the Cervelo Soloist?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

Deihlos91 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:22 pm

But Colnago is having the same bad customer service.
Dare we ask the issue with that?

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

MarkTwain wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:14 am
Deihlos91 wrote:

Ordered 2 Frozen Frames.
1. Frozen blue, came with 2 painting failures damages because of shipment
2. Frozen Red, paint is comming of at the seatpost area
3. Colnago lettering position on the down tube are on both frames different (both frames same size 54s)

Response from Colnago to:
1. They are not responsible for the shipment, the shop is responsible they should do a repaint from a local shop. But no local shop is doing a frozen repaint.
If we wanna exchange the frame, we have to wait again 9-12 months.
2. They telling, it comes of because of hit at the installation of the seatpost
3. They telling each frame of colnago is a unicum, done by hand and depends on when the frame was produced.
Also they saying they have used a 51s for the commercial pictures for their website and product information.
This 51s frame is having a other proportion as a 54s size but the position of the lettering should start always on the same position.
(should start from the steerer tube but on mine much to high to the steerer, it looks really shitty, this human was drunk at this time, really.)

This statement is absolutey wrong, same sizes, different positions just different colour, and shows that the quality control is really bad.
Its a no go to do the position of the lettering always different, there should be requirments, this is quality control thing.
Not like...today a litte bit more right, tomorrow a little bit more left....

Its like when Porsche is doing there lettering for the 911 always on different positions (The lettering is also attached by hand by a human for a 911)

Frozen paints are not available anymore because they have produced so much scrap frames they can`t sell (Statement from my shop).

Colnago is taking always the easiest way, they don`t care about customer service. Selling enough frames and bikes anyway.

It was definitely my first and only Colnago.
Bought it because I love the look of this frozen red painting and in my area everybody is riding the SL7, I wanted to have something special and different.

But the customer service from Colnago is absolutey joke in this high end premium sector.
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

hannawald

by hannawald

Deihlos91 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:40 am
MarkTwain wrote:
Deihlos91 wrote:

Ordered 2 Frozen Frames.
3. Colnago lettering position on the down tube are on both frames different (both frames same size 54s)

1. They are not responsible for the shipment, the shop is responsible they should do a repaint from a local shop. But no local shop is doing a frozen repaint.
3. They telling each frame of colnago is a unicum, done by hand and depends on when the frame was produced.
Also they saying they have used a 51s for the commercial pictures for their website and product information.
This 51s frame is having a other proportion as a 54s size but the position of the lettering should start always on the same position.
(should start from the steerer tube but on mine much to high to the steerer, it looks really shitty, this human was drunk at this time, really.)

This statement is absolutey wrong, same sizes, different positions just different colour, and shows that the quality control is really bad.
Its a no go to do the position of the lettering always different, there should be requirments, this is quality control thing.

Its like when Porsche is doing there lettering for the 911 always on different positions (The lettering is also attached by hand by a human for a 911)

Frozen paints are not available anymore because they have produced so much scrap frames they can`t sell (Statement from my shop).

Colnago is taking always the easiest way, they don`t care about customer service. Selling enough frames and bikes anyway.

Bought it because I love the look of this frozen red painting and in my area everybody is riding the SL7, I wanted to have something special and different.

But the customer service from Colnago is absolutey joke in this high end premium sector.
I had many paint cracks around BB area on brand new Colnago V3RS, also a bubble in the paint, paint crack on seat stay (it was a white colour so it makes things more visible)...on the other hands I really think their geometry, BB solution with aluminium cups and fork steerer reinforced with metal rod serving as an expander are great features. So great engineering, hard to say what is the carbon manufacturing quality, but their painting job is really terrible.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

C36 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:41 pm
Spinnekop wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:30 pm
Has anyone seen this?

Cannondale Supersix EVO Leichtbau.

Only 200 available.
Got pictures this morning via a Friend, some more on FB.

I am not sure what is Cannondale doing but that's quite a surprising PR work there. Made it to the UCI list (voluntarly or not) around May, nothing on the TDF where the EF bike painting is taking the attention, nothing on the TDFF, 30' ago I got a mail from Cannondale... for a gravel news i deleted before even reading it.
Claiming a 200 frame production when their SSe3 struggle to compete with the SL7... either that's a limited edition prior and Evo4 frame or I am missing something...
Any chance they'll make a SystemSix Leichtbau? that'll be an instant-buy for me

RDY

by RDY

StiffWeenies wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:52 am
C36 wrote:
Spinnekop wrote:
Has anyone seen this?

Only 200 available.

I am not sure what is Cannondale doing but that's quite a surprising PR work there. Made it to the UCI list (voluntarly or not) around May, nothing on the TDF where the EF bike painting is taking the attention, nothing on the TDFF, 30' ago I got a mail from Cannondale... for a gravel news i deleted before even reading it.
Claiming a 200 frame production when their SSe3 struggle to compete with the SL7... either that's a limited edition prior and Evo4 frame or I am missing something...
Careful what you wish for. I suspect they might charge close to $10k for a frameset.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

RDY wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:17 am
StiffWeenies wrote:
C36 wrote:
Spinnekop wrote:
Has anyone seen this?

Only 200 available.

Careful what you wish for. I suspect they might charge close to $10k for a frameset.
BMC Teammachine SLR Masterpiece pricing at 12000 CHF is just nutty when you consider the Stoll S1 Race which is also made by Bike Ahead but costs "just" 6600 CHF.

C36

by C36

StiffWeenies wrote:
I am not sure I would want one... it's fast but it doesn't ride "nice", quite dead. I tested the System Six and SuperSix (rim and discs) when my Evo2 frame was out for warranty and the LBS was not surprise I decided to reject the offers for this generation and push to get another Evo2 frame even if few W slower than the Evo3.

Sacke

by Sacke

Jz91 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 am
Just to chime in while waiting for the new propel to be released :).

It's no surprise that most of the largest companies in the industry are private. I presume the likes of Specialized and Trek must have insane returns and cash flows to make private equity quite envious.

At the current price level though, I see firms exploiting the current supply issues by simply charging more as few bikes are delivered and all risks are taken on by dealers which have to place orders way in advance even without knowing the exact specs of the bike.

As some seem to hint already, demand is not that high. High end bike in stock (albeit rare to see nowadays) seem to sit in the shops for some time indicating moderate to low turnover. Sales are helped by online channels as people who specifically want that bike and their local retailers has no bike available are willing to do a few hours car ride to take delivery of the bike or have them shipped.

Hence if supply ever returns to pre covid levels, I expect hefty discounts from retailers to bring prices in line from the insane RRP.
Specialized retailers offered 30-40% discounts pre covid on stock bikes once new color schemes were announced.
Retailers placing massive bike orders will eventually find the warehouse filled with bikes once deliveries return to regular levels as they are required to stick to hefty sales targets by manufacturers.

At least this is my take on the overall situation ;)
I was nodding reading this. The supply chain bullwhip effect…

I don’t see long lines outside the shops to buy 8000€ Ultegra equipped bikes that retailed for 4500€ pre Covid.

With inflation, more carefulness and less to spend too.

Interestingly, my French LBS on the MTB side sees the effect of Cannondale our pricing themselves. Half of the space is filled with unsold Cannondale entry level and mid tier bikes. This whole the French brand Sunn that refrained from raising prices beyond actual cost increases, has very unexpectedly become popular.

At 8000€, I can get a custom made Cycles Victoire with all the service that come with it. With supply chain issues and 12 month lead times. Cycles Victoire might just be quicker. 🙂

I think a reality check is coming soon, also partially driven by the prices of almost new bikes in the second hand market. Those prices have not shifted in pace with new bikes. (Apart from some rare and hard to get models)

The expectation of a price drop fuels waiting for it to happen >> less people buying >> less demand >> self fulfilling prophecy.

Maybe some bike shop owners could weigh in? At least my opinions are just based in anecdotal observations and by no means any solid research.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Deihlos91 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:40 am
MarkTwain wrote:
Deihlos91 wrote:

Ordered 2 Frozen Frames.

Same here but no so bad. Had frame coming in and paint on the fork was damaged. My dealer immediately took care and send it to renown paintshop. They fixed it but Colnago only wanted to pay back half. The shop took the costs on their behalf. I informed upfront about a straight seatpost. No problem. But upon delivery nothing was there after 12months. So ordered them somewhere in UK and had them repainted. But the post came only with round saddle clamps. Support basically told me they didn't deliver other clamps which is untrue as a friend in uk has the same with other clamps. Now lucky me found that they where the same clamps as used on Willier, Ritchey logic etc

That said I have a shop that can redo the whole paint if something really is off sooner or later.

But a side note. I'm still trying to get back 10k euro from a high profile dealer that sells Sarto and Baum in the Netherlands. I kept quiet for 4y as I didn't want to bad mouth without giving someone the chance to fix or Settle. But he is in the mean time convicted in court and with a few days his bank account will be blocked by a bailiff. Others had similar experiences but where located outside Europe so no chance. That said he used ghost companies to deal with such issues so likely will not see my money.
Will soon post his name including the conviction document of the Belgian court.

That said the Colnago paint was only a minor hickup 😂😂😂😂 And glad that I have that bike now. Rides like a dream

RDY

by RDY

StiffWeenies wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:32 pm
RDY wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:17 am
StiffWeenies wrote:
C36 wrote:

BMC Teammachine SLR Masterpiece pricing at 12000 CHF is just nutty when you consider the Stoll S1 Race which is also made by Bike Ahead but costs "just" 6600 CHF.
At least it's made by BikeAhead and likely costs more than a grand to build. Instead of $350-400 vs $250 re the Cannondales. But yes, retail price of road bikes from the same company vs MTBs is a joke, given how much more the MTBs cost to design, prototype, test, and build than road bikes. And Stoll are a perfect example. The S1 Race is double the price of their hardtail MTB frameset - and also more than their FS frames (including shock). When you add in BMC's marketing hyperbole, you just double the price tag :)

Of course MTB framesets from the Chinese direct to consumer companies cost more than their road bikes ... because they lack a marketing machine and price things to reflect production and development costs.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

wickedstealthy wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:56 pm
I informed upfront about a straight seatpost. No problem. But upon delivery nothing was there after 12months. So ordered them somewhere in UK and had them repainted. But the post came only with round saddle clamps. Support basically told me they didn't deliver other clamps which is untrue as a friend in uk has the same with other clamps. Now lucky me found that they where the same clamps as used on Willier, Ritchey logic etc
If it uses those clamps it's not a Colnago seatpost, so I'm not sure how it's relevant.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Spinnekop wrote:Has anyone seen this?

Only 200 available.
Been to my LBS today and list price in UK is £4250. They didn’t know it existed but is on the system. They are going to look into what the process is for ordering one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skittlez212

by Skittlez212

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:05 pm

Only 200 available.
Been to my LBS today and list price in UK is £4250. They didn’t know it existed but is on the system. They are going to look into what the process is for ordering one.

All 200 have already been allocated to stores, we’ve got three of them sat in a box waiting for the embargo to be lifted.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Skittlez212 wrote:
Beancouter wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:05 pm

Only 200 available.

All 200 have already been allocated to stores, we’ve got three of them sat in a box waiting for the embargo to be lifted.
That doesn’t sound hopeful! Are you in the UK and have you got a 56….