new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lina

by Lina

pmprego wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:29 am
justkeepedaling wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:00 am

Cervelo S5. Cervelo S5. Also Cervelo S5.

At the very least, well beyond the SL7
The s5 aims to be an all-out aero bike. The new foil aims to be an all-out aero bike. (Actually, when comparing both the s5 with its new 34mm clearance is losing something to the new foil with clearance up to 28 or 30mm.)

The all-rounder is not trying to compete with these. Horse for courses. I don't even understand the comparison.

As for the "competitively fast" it comes to ming when MvdP had to ride the "new" aeroad with the old forks, cables exposed and so on and he still won. I guess he still was "competitively fast". However, in this tdf 2022 he was far from "competitively fast" even with a fully fixed aeroad. We are talking high end bikes. In the deciding moment is not high end no1 that will give the win compared to high end no2.
The Aeroad he rode while they were coming up with the fix was literally the same bike as he's riding now. The only difference being the cockpit and exposed cables. The cables are like a watt at most. That bike was still just as fast as the fixed bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pmprego

by pmprego

Lina wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:25 am
pmprego wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:

The s5 aims to be an all-out aero bike. The new foil aims to be an all-out aero bike. (Actually, when comparing both the s5 with its new 34mm clearance is losing something to the new foil with clearance up to 28 or 30mm.)

The all-rounder is not trying to compete with these. Horse for courses. I don't even understand the comparison.

As for the "competitively fast" it comes to ming when MvdP had to ride the "new" aeroad with the old forks, cables exposed and so on and he still won. I guess he still was "competitively fast". However, in this tdf 2022 he was far from "competitively fast" even with a fully fixed aeroad. We are talking high end bikes. In the deciding moment is not high end no1 that will give the win compared to high end no2.
The Aeroad he rode while they were coming up with the fix was literally the same bike as he's riding now. The only difference being the cockpit and exposed cables. The cables are like a watt at most. That bike was still just as fast as the fixed bike.
Fork blades were different

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Where the HELL is the new Propel or that new CDale?? TdF, TdFF, eurobike ends and still nothing...

Sacke

by Sacke

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:54 pm
Where the HELL is the new Propel or that new CDale?? TdF, TdFF, eurobike ends and still nothing...
Last night I was trying to find information again, but nothing... maybe we are returning to a time where year models actually get launched in the actual year.

Started to be sort of ridiculous that next years models were launched and available 6 months before the year started.

I am seeing a lot of Specialized Aethos bikes and frames on the second hand market as well, not knowing if that is just regular volumes in France, but wondering if some updates are brewing there too. The Aethos was launched almost 2 years ago, and has been quite well received... would they have something new coming already?

Jin0616

by Jin0616

Trek Madone is fully changed. Im interested in

cajer

by cajer

I see 52cm is the smallest new madone size on treks website now. Did they pull the smaller sizes due to supply issues?

robeambro

by robeambro

Sacke wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:10 am
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Last night I was trying to find information again, but nothing... maybe we are returning to a time where year models actually get launched in the actual year.

Started to be sort of ridiculous that next years models were launched and available 6 months before the year started.

I am seeing a lot of Specialized Aethos bikes and frames on the second hand market as well, not knowing if that is just regular volumes in France, but wondering if some updates are brewing there too. The Aethos was launched almost 2 years ago, and has been quite well received... would they have something new coming already?
I would imagine the Aethos will be a one-off. Improving it weight-wise would be tricky, improving it aero-wise would be contrary to the spirit of the product, and ultimately it's a product to evoke the "joy of riding", not inch whatever minuscule gain in performance.

If I had to guess, they'll make an SL8 that is lighter (they'll say that they used "Aethos technology" to make it fancier..) and just as aero as the SL7, and then relaunch a fully aero model.

RDY

by RDY

pmprego wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:

That was a big surprise to me, re: clearance. Because it looks tight with the 28s that Jumbo typically run. I asked Safa about the clearance on the Scott ... again, it looks very tight, like the S5 in photos, but he said he had 30s on and 32s should fit "easily".

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Same as Canyon, looking at their web of forthcoming Ultimate, it's not the frameset you see on the web if you google Canyon Ultimate 2023.
It's still not the new fork or seatpost even though we talk incoming builds.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Cemicar

by Cemicar

The industry might finally understand they should not release 2023 model bikes until 2023. And that's how it should have been. Tour de France is the biggest advertising chance so we can see some pre-production bikes and a few brands like Scott still prematurely announce a new stuff a half year before the actually release though.

unity

by unity

Bringing this thread back to rumors, although confirmed rumors this time.

Corratec showed a new Race Bike with ~800g Frame weight and 208W drag.

Looks very nice too, Prices will start from 4000€ and will go up to 12000€

https://www.tour-magazin.de/rennraeder/ ... %20Factory
https://www.bike-tv.cc/mediathek/einzel ... t-evo.html

mrlobber

by mrlobber

That Corratec looks pretty nice indeed, at least from outside :)
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

IvanZg

by IvanZg

I guess horizontal gap above the stem is the result of integrating preload top cap and stem in one system.... It does not look very nice tho.

RadB

by RadB

Propel launch mid August was some whisper

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

Has anyone seen this?

Cannondale Supersix EVO Leichtbau.

Only 200 available.
Attachments
1c7d9651-d4ba-41b2-9c64-dacd13f5e97a.jpg
7ef14e91-1dc6-4df6-a001-da6acbca186b.jpg
46d339a5-1bc4-4a42-b2a4-356062926665.jpg
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"