new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

C36 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:37 am
maquisard wrote:
C36 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:09 pm
parlée for Cervelos
Curious who this one was, who would actually want to ride a parlée out of choice?! :noidea:
Hamilton in 2002 on a Z1 (giro if I am correct)
Cunningly disguised as Looks so no one would know they weren't Cervélo's.

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Parlee Z1, not a Cervelo! Hamilton and Jalabert had Parlees. Zabel had one too for a track bike.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

spokenwords wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:19 am
Parlee Z1, not a Cervelo!
He said some riders used Parlee instead of the Cervélos they were supposed to be on - then provided a photo of Parlees pretending to be Looks.

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Does anyone know if Scott will be updating the foil for 2023?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robeambro

by robeambro

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:48 am
Does anyone know if Scott will be updating the foil for 2023?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely not, it was upgraded already fairly recently - it was a very subtle update, mostly to feature ICR.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robeambro wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:47 am

Definitely not, it was upgraded already fairly recently - it was a very subtle update, mostly to feature ICR.

I barely call that an update. The Madone OCLV 800 / T47 was a bigger refresh and it's being updated this year. Does DSM even ride the the Foil at all? It's a 7-year-old design.

pmprego

by pmprego

Someone in the press is reading the threads here: https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/co ... o-similar/

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pmprego wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:24 am
Someone in the press is reading the threads here: https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/co ... o-similar/

Giant Propel, Cannondale SystemSix, Orbea Orca Aero
Ribble Ultra SL R, Merida Reacto, Canyon Aeroad

The hardest to ID for me was the Orbea, but the super deep HT was the giveaway. The Reacto was hard also if not for the Vision/FSA ACR bar/stem.

RadB

by RadB

Aero data isn't driving it. It's the optimisation of a least worst solution under an set of arbitrary set of rules imposed by sock height zealots. I don't need a UCI compliant bike, could not care less. But I enjoy riding fast, everywhere. So I ride one of these souless beasts.

pmprego

by pmprego

RadB wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:32 pm
Aero data isn't driving it. It's the optimisation of a least worst solution under an set of arbitrary set of rules imposed by sock height zealots. I don't need a UCI compliant bike, could not care less. But I enjoy riding fast, everywhere. So I ride one of these souless beasts.
I see that you are the type of person where second is the first of the last.

cajer

by cajer

RadB wrote:
The steel bike era was way more souless, basically everyone one of them was the same. The 90's and early-mid 2000's had some super werid designs, but allot of them were just terrible. I am for a further reduction of frame shape rules. But bikes now are way more varied and purposeful than any other point in time if you remove the terrible designs from the 90s-2000s

RadB

by RadB

pmprego wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:42 pm
RadB wrote:
I see that you are the type of person where second is the first of the last.
Ha I have often joked second is the first loser. But that kind of thinking isn't helpful to enjoying riding in all forms, which I do, and being okay with things in general whatever happens. My next bike will be fast also, but I would like to devolve some of my rides to enjoy more time on the bike for the same distances.

cajer

by cajer

Are there any rumors of a new system 6? It's also a few years old.

C36

by C36

cajer wrote:Are there any rumors of a new system 6? It's also a few years old.
An evolution of the SuperSix evo appeared on the UCI approved list. I haven’t heard anything about a System six that is a mixed success, fast but with a so-so bike behaviour and even EF riders choose the SuperSix on the majority of the stages.

cajer

by cajer

C36 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:21 pm
cajer wrote:Are there any rumors of a new system 6? It's also a few years old.
An evolution of the SuperSix evo appeared on the UCI approved list. I haven’t heard anything about a System six that is a mixed success, fast but with a so-so bike behaviour and even EF riders choose the SuperSix on the majority of the stages.
That just means they need to make a new and improved system six :p

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com