new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

oldmac

by oldmac

ichobi wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:50 am
Very likely that Cannondale is brewing the Factor “VAM” or Canyon “EVO” positioning for their new line up with the lab71. It’s a smart move to sell slightly lighter bike at a much higher price than their base flagship model while using the same production mold. Just speculation but thats what their line up is missing.
Cannondale has Hi-mod model, and it has Blackinc series before. But Canondale is not good at selling it's "story" and it's team is not winning enough to support much stories.
Also, the current generation Supersix EVO disc is not so attractive. I own a Blackinc Supersix EVO rim brake bike, I rode an test bike of the current generation Supersix EVO disc in one 7 days Granfondo race at the end of 2019. But after that test ride, I decided not to buy the current generation Supersix EVO disc. It is a comfortable bike, but it is not light weight enough to me. It has no out standing point to attract me.
So besides the Rapha logo and EF team color, Cannondale has no remarkable road bike to save Cannondale fans and attract new customers. I hope this new Lab71 will be a new change.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Verbal

by Verbal

Not too far from my supersix gen 2...
Really thinking about this frame for the next one

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Swannie wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:08 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:01 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:26 am
cube.jpg

8000 Euro
not bad for a Da12 bike (these days)
I'd rather ride a no name ali frame than i would ride a cube :lol:
why
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

robertbb

by robertbb

ViperFFM wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:01 pm
Swannie wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:08 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:01 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:26 am
cube.jpg

8000 Euro
not bad for a Da12 bike (these days)
I'd rather ride a no name ali frame than i would ride a cube :lol:
why
Ever check the rolling resistance of a cube? It's high dude. It's really high.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

With rolling resitance you mean what? The frame? Then its not rolling resitance but cdA. I am too poor to spend 5€ on the latest test vs the "ultra" aero Scott Foil but I bet the Litening is just as aero as an SL7....
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ViperFFM wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:22 am
With rolling resitance you mean what? The frame? Then its not rolling resitance but cdA. I am too poor to spend 5€ on the latest test vs the "ultra" aero Scott Foil but I bet the Litening is just as aero as an SL7....

:doh: It was a joke.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

ViperFFM wrote:
With rolling resitance you mean what?

defride

by defride

oldmac wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:17 pm

Cannondale has Hi-mod model, and it has Blackinc series before. But Canondale is not good at selling it's "story" and it's team is not winning enough to support much stories.
Also, the current generation Supersix EVO disc is not so attractive. I own a Blackinc Supersix EVO rim brake bike, I rode an test bike of the current generation Supersix EVO disc in one 7 days Granfondo race at the end of 2019. But after that test ride, I decided not to buy the current generation Supersix EVO disc. It is a comfortable bike, but it is not light weight enough to me. It has no out standing point to attract me.
So besides the Rapha logo and EF team color, Cannondale has no remarkable road bike to save Cannondale fans and attract new customers. I hope this new Lab71 will be a new change.
Interesting observation, I also have Evo Black Inc, rim brake. It's rides beautifully, a different league to the TCR I keep for wet days. Every time I consider a more modern design I wonder whether I'd enjoy riding a new bike as much as the BLackinc and park the idea. The monkey on the back - would the likes of the new generation SS Evo actually be faster in the real world. I occasionally race masters, be interested to hear your take, did you feel over a seven day event that the latest generation machine was getting you to the finish line quicker or having used noticeably less effort?

Will be interested to see what Cannondale have in store for the next generation

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

When is lab 71 due to be unveiled?

robertbb

by robertbb

Karvalo wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:34 am
ViperFFM wrote:
With rolling resitance you mean what?
Whoooooooosh!

(Wait, whoosh is the sound air makes so clearly I'm talking about CdA.

oldmac

by oldmac

defride wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:44 am
oldmac wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:17 pm

Interesting observation, I also have Evo Black Inc, rim brake. It's rides beautifully, a different league to the TCR I keep for wet days. Every time I consider a more modern design I wonder whether I'd enjoy riding a new bike as much as the BLackinc and park the idea. The monkey on the back - would the likes of the new generation SS Evo actually be faster in the real world. I occasionally race masters, be interested to hear your take, did you feel over a seven day event that the latest generation machine was getting you to the finish line quicker or having used noticeably less effort?

Will be interested to see what Cannondale have in store for the next generation
Thanks to the new bike frame design and the tubeless tire, the latest gen SS EVO disc feels comfortable and stable, but the UT version bike is much heaviver than my old Blackinc SS EVO. So it is harder for me to climb in the Granfondo race with lots of hill climb. My finish time is slower than my previous years with Cervelo R5/CAAD12/Blackinc SS EVO.
Another drawback of the latest gen SS EVO disc is the turning limitation of the fork, it makes it hard to be packed in the bike hard case. And I don't want to use the SCICON bike soft case,it does not have enough protection during flight transportation.
And you can find lots of headtube cracking case of the latest gen SS EVO disc in this forum. So I did not go for this bike in these three years, just keep riding my old bike.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

oldmac wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:00 am
Another drawback of the latest gen SS EVO disc is the turning limitation of the fork, it makes it hard to be packed in the bike hard case. And I don't want to use the SCICON bike soft case,it does not have enough protection during flight transportation.
There are hard cases that allow the bar to stay on:
PremierBike
Bikebox Alan EasyFit

With all the integration of current bikes (and lazyness), I plan to get one of these.

defride

by defride

oldmac wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:00 am

Thanks to the new bike frame design and the tubeless tire, the latest gen SS EVO disc feels comfortable and stable, but the UT version bike is much heaviver than my old Blackinc SS EVO. So it is harder for me to climb in the Granfondo race with lots of hill climb. My finish time is slower than my previous years with Cervelo R5/CAAD12/Blackinc SS EVO.
And you can find lots of headtube cracking case of the latest gen SS EVO disc in this forum. So I did not go for this bike in these three years, just keep riding my old bike.
:thumbup:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Only stat on the Trek e-bike I’ve heard so far is it weighs 27lbs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com