Hope rx4 with 9270 levers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MichaelB

by MichaelB

I'll disagree that the 2 pot and 4 pot calipers have the same piston area, having measured the piston Dias and calculated them for various options across the board when reviewing my potential setups.

There is quite a variety of piston diameters from diffferent manufacturers, and hence I was surprised that the combo's I tried worked well.

I found the RX4's a bit more fiddle to setup than the Shimano calipers, but nothing that would make me not use them again in the future.

Have found them excellent over the last 3,500km of road riding.

jlok

by jlok

One thing the RX4 suffers is that it's too light weight for what it is (monoblock vs 2-piece holding by a pair of steel bolts).

If you press hard enough the RX4 caliper will buldge, just like the older monoblock SRAM Red/Level Ultimate). The brake feel will be mushy at the end of the stroke because the caliper is not stiff enough. The newer 2-piece Level/AXS calipers have a firmer feel at the end of stroke.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

markdjr

by markdjr

I'm running RX4+ with 9270 levers. Anybody know if there is a way to adjust the amount of lever pull? After bleeding per Hopes directions, I have very short lever pull, they are mostly on/off. There is a little bit of modulation, but I'd like a little more.

maxima

by maxima

markdjr wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:56 pm
I'm running RX4+ with 9270 levers. Anybody know if there is a way to adjust the amount of lever pull? After bleeding per Hopes directions, I have very short lever pull, they are mostly on/off. There is a little bit of modulation, but I'd like a little more.
Just wonder if the RX4+ have more clearance vs the shimano 9270 brakes? for longer pull, you can adjust the shimano 9270 levers directly -> refer to the lever manual, there is a screw to extend to reduce the pull :mrgreen:

caballero

by caballero

I use the rx4 calipers along with 9270 levers. work great and have been in use since early last year.as Maxima said, adjust the lever pull on the shifters.