Any good chinese aero handle bars?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

I'm building a cheap'ish crit bike and wanned to replace my heavy aluminum bar.

Is there any decent chinese carbon aero handle bars(not one piece intergrated) like easton ec90 style on ali express or something?

One that can handle sprints!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Mcdeez wrote:I'm building a cheap'ish crit bike and wanned to replace my heavy aluminum bar.

Is there any decent chinese carbon aero handle bars(not one piece intergrated) like easton ec90 style on ali express or something?

One that can handle sprints!

A decent aluminum bar isn’t that much lighter than a full carbon, if not the same. Plus not worth the risk of getting it wrong with wrong brand due to quality.

Since you’re mostly in a group/pack, or sitting in behind another rider. Aero benefits are minimal.

The good bars we know of make one piece bars such as Farsports and Winspace aero.

Or try to find a Zipp SL bar on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the jackel

by the jackel

I've used one of the ec90 bars from AliExpress for several years without issue. I don't have a sprint at all, like not even 1000w, so stiffness was never an issue for me so can't help on that one. From memory I just went for one with lots of positive reviews although I can try and find the supplier if it's of help

Aesch

by Aesch

Og evkin makes good stuff

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Ok thanks!

I just got a good deal on a used easton Ec90 aero handlebar, im cancelling the no name handle bar project aha

sbellote

by sbellote

problem with the ec90 is that, as far as I know, there's no test or quality control.. there's some video of Trace Velo some time ago about saddle and a handlebar from them that he had issues with..

I'd go with OG-Evkin, slighty more expensive but still much lower than any western brand, and they actually test the parts.. I have a stem+handlebar for 3.000km now and working perfectly, no issues whatsoever, and the finishing is great too
you can take a look at Ryet/Lexon too, it's the brand of a big chinese manufacturer I don't remember the name but was mentioned sometimes on the "chinese frames" thread

JOwenSmith

by JOwenSmith

sbellote wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:51 pm
problem with the ec90 is that, as far as I know, there's no test or quality control..
I believe he found an actual Easton model EC90 bar, not the ebay/amazon ec90 branded bar.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I got this carbon one of Amazon for 4 euros.😀 I just got it out of curiosity.
4E08E6C2-8225-4E0B-B405-F3923C5C1DE1.jpeg
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

Mocs123

by Mocs123

It's amazing to believe you can produce anything, ship it halfway across the globe, sell it through Amazon (who gets a cut), and ship it to your house for 4 euros!

Not sure I would trust that thing on a huge decent though!
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

RDY

by RDY

Mocs123 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:20 pm
It's amazing to believe you can produce anything, ship it halfway across the globe, sell it through Amazon (who gets a cut), and ship it to your house for 4 euros!

Not sure I would trust that thing on a huge decent though!
Waste disposal rules for factory rejects are getting pretty stringent now in some areas of China ... better to sell it at a small loss than dispose of it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com