SRAM AXS shift levers: Force or Rival?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gSporco

by gSporco

OnTheRivet wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:51 pm
Hexsense wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:04 pm
Without sprint shifter in the drop, I'd just stay with mechanical groupset. It's the major advantage of electronic groupset vs mechanical for me.
Yep. I have iclics on my gravel bike in the drops and it's so incredibly handy I can't believe more people don't do it.
Sram will be releasing wireless click shifters... So saving money on Rival shifters will be the way to go as no more needs for clic ports
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

raggedtrousers wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:40 pm
Does anyone know why AXS hydro shifters are suddenly totally unobtainable? They seemed gettable, if you shopped around, until quite recently.
Until recently? I have a backorder out that I placed in early November for Rival AXS levers. It's expected to be fulfilled by late April-early May. I've called many other suppliers since. My LBS told me earlier this month that their next availability was expected to be October/November.

What's happened is that Rival AXS cornered the low-ish end market and everyone is chomping to get into electronic shifting on the cheap. And since all AXS levers are cross compatible and are the most expensive part, Rival AXS levers are getting bought up for all levels of AXS gear. Impatient people are now pressuring the Force and Red market also.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

Duplicate post.
Last edited by JMeinholdt on Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

shiiiison

by shiiiison

I was able to find both the left and right rival shifters but you need to work at it. I found that searching for it based on the SKU instead of the name did wonders to get me tracking in the right direction. Every site where it was claimed 'out of stock' I either called or sent a message... after 5-6 times I was able to source L/R Rival AXS shifters.

Websites are unreliable at updating stock lists.

Hope that helps everyone looking!

Radioman

by Radioman

shiiiison wrote:I was able to find both the left and right rival shifters but you need to work at it. I found that searching for it based on the SKU instead of the name did wonders to get me tracking in the right direction. Every site where it was claimed 'out of stock' I either called or sent a message... after 5-6 times I was able to source L/R Rival AXS shifters.

Yep, this worked! Manager to find RED AXS HRD shift-brake. Thank you for tip.

Sent from my XQ-BE72 using Tapatalk

itapersita

by itapersita

Hi today I've finally purchased the rival shifters. I still have not mounted them on the bike, I have just tried them with the force rear deal.

It's the first time for me with an electronic group set, but I have found the shifting quite "stiff", I mean the act of pressing laterally to change gears on the levers, I found that a considerable amount of force is needed. Maybe it's because they are new, don't know. Do you have the same feelings?

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

andy4g63

by andy4g63

Rival shifters all the way...
I was able recently to get set of Rival AXS shifters/calipers set.
They look great and feel better in my hands. On my other bike I have force AXS.
Weight is about the same, even though the Rival doesn't have the plug for remote clicks and the adjustment on top of shifter. But the caliper design is the same...

Also recently SRAM released these totally wireless disposable remote clicks, that you can install anywhere on the bike , can even put 2 pairs, so this great news for me.
I would say go for Rival...

Ronin416

by Ronin416

andy4g63 wrote:Rival shifters all the way...
I was able recently to get set of Rival AXS shifters/calipers set.
They look great and feel better in my hands. On my other bike I have force AXS.
Weight is about the same, even though the Rival doesn't have the plug for remote clicks and the adjustment on top of shifter. But the caliper design is the same...

Also recently SRAM released these totally wireless disposable remote clicks, that you can install anywhere on the bike , can even put 2 pairs, so this great news for me.
I would say go for Rival...
The remote cable port has just become even more irrelevant. Makes it a great choice for heavy aero builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liam7020

by liam7020

shiiiison wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:09 pm
I was able to find both the left and right rival shifters but you need to work at it. I found that searching for it based on the SKU instead of the name did wonders to get me tracking in the right direction. Every site where it was claimed 'out of stock' I either called or sent a message... after 5-6 times I was able to source L/R Rival AXS shifters.

Thanks for this tip - where do I find the SKU? Thanks.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

vinny

by vinny

liam7020 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:56 pm
shiiiison wrote:

Thanks for this tip - where do I find the SKU? Thanks.
https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/ec-blip-b1

kervelo

by kervelo

It seems the availability of the Force AXS shifters is slowly getting better, although far from good still. I managed to get the right hand shifter in February and this week I found the left hand side shifter too. I have not seen the Rival AXS shifters available in any shops.

itapersita

by itapersita

kervelo wrote:It seems the availability of the Force AXS shifters is slowly getting better, although far from good still. I managed to get the right hand shifter in February and this week I found the left hand side shifter too. I have not seen the Rival AXS shifters available in any shops.
I found the Rival shifters last month in a small online shop here in Italy. I wanted Force but that's ok. I found a good deal because I paid 320 € for the set.

JGolds

by JGolds

itapersita wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:01 am
kervelo wrote:It seems the availability of the Force AXS shifters is slowly getting better, although far from good still. I managed to get the right hand shifter in February and this week I found the left hand side shifter too. I have not seen the Rival AXS shifters available in any shops.
I found the Rival shifters last month in a small online shop here in Italy. I wanted Force but that's ok. I found a good deal because I paid 320 € for the set.

Can you please provide the name of the online shop in Italy? Thanks.

JGolds

by JGolds

shiiiison wrote:

Could you please provide the shop's name? Thanks.