Bowman cycles goes into liquidation

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ghostinthemachine

by ghostinthemachine

If they've got the drawings/models and no stock, just ask them to make some.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wilwil

by wilwil

Pilo will make a hanger if they have one to copy. They then just add it to their range. They made one for my Colnago Extreme Power a while ago. They were very helpful.

Mesi

by Mesi

Sometimes miracles happen...
Even though BETD told me, they do not have any hangers for the Palace R, today the "Bowman" section on their webpage showed the hanger No. 437. It doesn't specify the :R but it looks pretty damn close.

Success!

Singular

by Singular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTDQ9vtoxTo

Not overly keen on riding my creaking Palace 3C, to say the least.

Broady

by Broady

Shame these new frames were bad, my Palace R is great.

Dov

by Dov

Hambini is such a bully.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

Flasher

by Flasher

Dov wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:28 pm
Hambini is such a bully.
Seriously?

You may not like his presentation but the message is worth listening to.

RDY

by RDY

Flasher wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:06 pm
Dov wrote:
Hambini is such a bully.
Seriously?

You may not like his presentation but the message is worth listening to.
I think he's being humorous. That frame was shockingly bad. Just as bad, though fully expected, was the usual UK cycling media (i.e. Future & ex-Future) shilling the hell out of them for years. It's so rotten.

overdriven98

by overdriven98

Dov wrote:
Hambini is such a bully.
really? so in your logic, it's ok to up sell a $30 frame to $800?

overdriven98

by overdriven98

also I believe you have to be a 'Big dog" to be call as a bully, and I don't see how Hambini is a "big dog" in the industry

A bully is when a "big" player manipulating the market and small player, you really need to get your logic straight

Singular

by Singular

Naaah, I don't enjoy his attitude towards certain individuals either - but it's his show with his audience and from the cheering to judge, they seem to like it. I don't.

...but this was an, apart from the character assassinations of Neil Webb and David Arthur, an unusually quiet and objective video. Some trademark foul language thrown in, but apart from that not too Hambini.

With that said, I'm retiring my 3C tonight with a few cracks that a careful inspection revealed. Are they only paint cracks? Maybe, but I'm not going to find out; with the loveliest of little girls turning four tomorrow and with another little lady on the way I'm not going to call that bet just to have the game pay out two pointy unicycles at the worst time imaginable.

It's a shame - I did really, really enjoy the ride quality, aesthetics and idea of it.

DHG01

by DHG01

Singular wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:28 pm
Naaah, I don't enjoy his attitude towards certain individuals either - but it's his show with his audience and from the cheering to judge, they seem to like it. I don't.

...but this was an, apart from the character assassinations of Neil Webb and David Arthur, an unusually quiet and objective video. Some trademark foul language thrown in, but apart from that not too Hambini.

With that said, I'm retiring my 3C tonight with a few cracks that a careful inspection revealed. Are they only paint cracks? Maybe, but I'm not going to find out; with the loveliest of little girls turning four tomorrow and with another little lady on the way I'm not going to call that bet just to have the game pay out two pointy unicycles at the worst time imaginable.

It's a shame - I did really, really enjoy the ride quality, aesthetics and idea of it.
Good call; sensitive note.

Dov

by Dov

Trawling the guys CV on LinkedIn to prove he's incompetant is a bully thing to do. I haven't bothered watching the video but I assume this is what he's doing.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

CarlosTheJackal

by CarlosTheJackal

I really don't know how anyone can defend putting a product like that out to a customer. The seat tube wasn't even welded to the bottom bracket completely.

His style might not be your choice but the message he puts out is clear and evidenced.

On this occasion hambini even approached Bowman's owner for comment and he refused.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rwoofer

by rwoofer

Singular wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:28 pm

Sorry to hear that, but from my perspective glad that I never got to take delivery of my Palace 3C and got my money back.