Sram red axs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

markyboy

by markyboy

Sorry if this has been asked before but i could not find it.Can you run 12 speed sram with 12 speed cassette shimano 11/30 and a rotor aldhu chainset 52/36 as i dont want to change certain parts on my bike things like bottom branket and zipp free hub.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

markyboy wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:39 am
Sorry if this has been asked before but i could not find it.Can you run 12 speed sram with 12 speed cassette shimano 11/30 and a rotor aldhu chainset 52/36 as i dont want to change certain parts on my bike things like bottom branket and zipp free hub.
If the flat top chain works with Shimano cassette it would work.
Also, if your bottom bracket allows a 30mm crank instead if DUB's 28.9mm?

Personally, i would go same route as you talk of if i went with an AXS groupset.
Sram doesn't seem to release a cassette without the 10T cog.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

12s Shimano cassettes are still very rare and the few that have these groupsets are probably not likely to experiment with Sram compatibility as of yet. For sure, it will somehow work. Questions is, is the shifting good, very good, perfect? And does the shift quality remain after a couple of thousands of kilometers. This will take a few months to find out. Or test it yourself and present your findings here.

And maybe an idea to change the title of this thread?

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

I run 12 speed sram with a 12 speed campy cassette which works well. But you have to use the eagle chain rather than the flat top chain. I would have thought it would be the same with the new 12 speed shimano cassette... but might just be cheaper/easier to pick up a campy chorus cassette?
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

markyboy

by markyboy

CustomMetal wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:13 am
I run 12 speed sram with a 12 speed campy cassette which works well. But you have to use the eagle chain rather than the flat top chain. I would have thought it would be the same with the new 12 speed shimano cassette... but might just be cheaper/easier to pick up a campy chorus cassette?
Same here i run super record mechanical groupset with the campy cassette 12 speed flat top chain super quiet and runs so smooth,if i put the campy chain back on its not as good.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

markyboy

by markyboy

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:04 am
markyboy wrote:
If the flat top chain works with Shimano cassette it would work.
Also, if your bottom bracket allows a 30mm crank instead if DUB's 28.9mm?

Personally, i would go same route as you talk of if i went with an AXS groupset.
Sram doesn't seem to release a cassette without the 10T cog.
My bottom bracket is for the shimano dura ace crank 24mm spindle but it cost a lot of money so i dont really want to change it.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Karvalo

by Karvalo

markyboy wrote:
You might need to check if the front mech will be able to adjust high enough on a braze on to clear the 52, because it won't be intended to.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com