GXP & DUB Sram Red AXS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gherkin

by gherkin

Morning (just) all,

very quick question, wanting to upgrade to Red AXS, but my 2016 Propel has a GXP BB, is there a version of Red AXS that is compatible with GXP or is it only DUB (thats all i've managed to find). Failing that I suppose I could utilise Force as I beleieve that should be compatiable.

TIA

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

There was a gxp version but it’s probably just easier to go dub

gherkin

by gherkin

thank you robbosmans, you'll have to forgive me, although I'm quite a competent mechanic, BB's confuse the hell out of me, i'm presuming that as I'm running currently with a GXP (pressfit varient) I should be ok to replace with a DUB pressfit?

bobones

by bobones

The Red AXS chainset comes in DUB and GXP formats, but whether you can find stock is another matter. IMO the Force chainset is not pretty and my GXP one is now in for warranty inspection due to the spindle being covered in rust after only 15 months.

You have 2 other options: install a DUB BB in your BB86 frame or fit 12 speed rings to your existing chainset. BB86's narrow bore is less than ideal for the wider 29mm spindle of DUB but SRAM and C-Bear (and others) make them. Praxis (and others) also make AXS compatible 12 speed rings may fit your existing crank. You also might find that AXS works perfectly well, as I have, with your 11 speed rings.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

gherkin wrote:thank you robbosmans, you'll have to forgive me, although I'm quite a competent mechanic, BB's confuse the hell out of me, i'm presuming that as I'm running currently with a GXP (pressfit varient) I should be ok to replace with a DUB pressfit?
Yes, your bike has a gxp bb86 bb, you just need a dub bb86 bb

gherkin

by gherkin

thank you guys :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com