Caad 13 owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gaz9

by Gaz9

Hi, some help would be great trying to get set up for winter, I have a caad13 but I can’t seem to fit the mudguard bridge as the screws are too short? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

c60rider

by c60rider

Gaz9 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:11 pm
Hi, some help would be great trying to get set up for winter, I have a caad13 but I can’t seem to fit the mudguard bridge as the screws are too short? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks
If it's the rim brake model that I have then you'll eventually discover that the bridge doesn't actually fit the the rim brake frame and eventually Cannondale discovered you can't fit it either ie you can't use it. That was the eventual feedback I had after much emailing backwards and forwards. It does cause the mudguard to rattle slightly so I made my own modified brake bridge support (instead of the supplied one you need for the dual mount brakes) to give more clearance and also to fix the mudguard to it. My build write up including the mudguard attachment is here... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=159994 specifics about mudguards start on page 3. If you have a disc model then you shouldn't have any problem attaching the mudguard bridge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gaz9

by Gaz9

c60rider wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:15 am
Gaz9 wrote:
If it's the rim brake model that I have then you'll eventually discover that the bridge doesn't actually fit the the rim brake frame and eventually Cannondale discovered you can't fit it either ie you can't use it. That was the eventual feedback I had after much emailing backwards and forwards. It does cause the mudguard to rattle slightly so I made my own modified brake bridge support (instead of the supplied one you need for the dual mount brakes) to give more clearance and also to fix the mudguard to it. My build write up including the mudguard attachment is here... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=159994 specifics about mudguards start on page 3. If you have a disc model then you shouldn't have any problem attaching the mudguard bridge.
Hi, thanks for your help.

I have the disc model. The screws that are in the frame are too short, they only have a couple of mm showing once fed through the mount so they won't attach into the frame.

Seems really strange...?

Gaz9

by Gaz9

Can't delete post
Last edited by Gaz9 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gaz9

by Gaz9

Duplicate
Last edited by Gaz9 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gaz9

by Gaz9

Duplicate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

Gaz9 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:50 pm
c60rider wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:15 am
Gaz9 wrote:
Hi, thanks for your help.

I have the disc model. The screws that are in the frame are too short, they only have a couple of mm showing once fed through the mount so they won't attach into the frame.

Seems really strange...?
This is what the mount and supplied screws should look like so it sounds like they've sent you the wrong screws.