2021 Trek Émonda with Vision Metron 5D ACR integrated cockpit?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bikelatino

by Bikelatino

Hello!

First time posting here. I bought a 2021 Trek Émonda SL6. Absolute blast of a bike. Got it for 3300$ from my local Trek dealer. Currently, I'm on a mission to shave some weight of it, mainly from cockpit and wheels, because these are the only metal pieces remaining. Seatmast, frame and fork are already the lightest they can be and I am happy with the factory Aeolus Elite saddle, which is super comfy and already light.

Since the bike is designed for all internal cable and hose routing starting from the top of the head tube, I was wondering if a Vision Metron 5D ACR cockpit can be installed (or a replica) or if someone has installed something similar, because the stock cockpit is a little, er, ugly. Also I'm looking for something with a more integrated appearance

Comprehensive Frame Bearings Spec List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Go ahead and contribute to the list

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gabriiaia7273

by gabriiaia7273

Bikelatino wrote:Hello!

First time posting here. I bought a 2021 Trek Émonda SL6. Absolute blast of a bike. Got it for 3300$ from my local Trek dealer. Currently, I'm on a mission to shave some weight of it, mainly from cockpit and wheels, because these are the only metal pieces remaining. Seatmast, frame and fork are already the lightest they can be and I am happy with the factory Aeolus Elite saddle, which is super comfy and already light.

Since the bike is designed for all internal cable and hose routing starting from the top of the head tube, I was wondering if a Vision Metron 5D ACR cockpit can be installed (or a replica) or if someone has installed something similar, because the stock cockpit is a little, er, ugly. Also I'm looking for something with a more integrated appearance

Among all, the only one that allows total integration without exposed cables is that of Farsport. It is called F1

Inviato dal mio SM-A525F utilizzando Tapatalk

CAAD997

by CAAD997

Bikelatino wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:48 am
Hello!

Did you end up doing something to hide all of the cables? Contemplating it as well on an Emonda ......

FSA makes ACR and SMR stems that are apparenlty for hiding cables ........ and an ACR cone spacer too that is specific to Trek and other models. Although that is not an integrated bar/stem, those stems could be paired with an FSA K-WING AGX bar, or a Vision Metron 4D. They have a short YouTube video that shows cable integration listing this bar and the associated stem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFFvlhbmSYY
Two wheelers rock!