Bmc slr01 Sizing and color

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FrancescoB

by FrancescoB

Hi All,

I'm 185cm talk with 89cm inseeem and I'm trying to decide which frame size bmc slr01 to select, 56 or 48? Also how about stem length? And lastly color - artic silver prisma or all black?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

You could easily ride either and according to BMC you are right in the middle. If you are looking for a more agressive fit than the 56 for sure. Just note that the stack is 565 which is quite racy, so depending on your flexibility or alternately, your appetite for spacers, that could be an issue. The reach on the 58 is just a centimeter longer so a one cm shorter stem and you're contact points can be the same. But in my experience, assuming a bar reach of 75 - 80mm, I will always go with the size that allows me to use a 120mm or longer stem. Anything shorter and I just don't like the steering feel as much. If you are using the integrated bar that is specc'd on that frame, note that the bar reach is 67mm which is silly short so a longer stem portion will be required.
Last edited by Mr.Gib on Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

survivor

by survivor

Without knowing your body mechanics and riding habit it is hard to recommend a frame size or stem length. Since you will be investing in a new bike, it is best to get a proper bike fit.

I have been researching the Teammachine as well. As far as I can tell after talking to many BMC dealers, the Artic Silver module only comes with two piece ICS2 cockpit. The Stealth (all black) module comes with one piece carbon integrated cockpit.

FrancescoB

by FrancescoB

Thanks - I tried out a 58 and it feels too big. Going for a size 56. Still pondering on the color...views / opinions welcome.

I like both. Looking for something that will look good and continue to like over time
Attachments
38B03E57-0EB0-4A8D-8380-5DE1EEDA492F.jpeg
FABD9134-2AF8-474B-A511-11E5E22CDEA2.jpeg
978A8924-D1FE-49AE-B43D-BECFDAB47BEB.png
6DD3D76C-EF14-4A75-905D-A64B98B40387.jpeg

survivor

by survivor

FrancescoB wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:07 am
Thanks - I tried out a 58 and it feels too big. Going for a size 56. Still pondering on the color...views / opinions welcome.

I like both. Looking for something that will look good and continue to like over time
Thanks for the photos, it's been hard to find a real life photo of the Artic Silver color. Do you know whether the prisma BMC logo on the Artic Silver is a decal or painted? The prisma BMC logo looks tasteful and subtle when it is not reflecting light, however when it does it looks like a decal on my kids toy.

FrancescoB

by FrancescoB

I took those pictures of those frames, and it seems painted. I agree, those color reflections are a bit too much....If it were just shiny, without the colourful reflections it would have been perfect..... really struggling to make this decision
Attachments
1441F194-00AA-4010-BD7D-2946A745E8B4.jpeg

survivor

by survivor

FrancescoB wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:08 am
I took those pictures of those frames, and it seems painted. I agree, those color reflections are a bit too much....If it were just shiny, without the colourful reflections it would have been perfect..... really struggling to make this decision
I just placed an order for the BMC Teammachine SLR01 Stealth module. Two key factors play into this decision:
1. I'm not sure about the reflection on the Artic Silver logo prisma.
2. Artic Silver module doesn't come with the one piece carbon cockpit and I would have to spent extra to get it changed down the road.

FrancescoB

by FrancescoB

Thank you - appreciate you sharing your views. I'm starting to lean that way as well. Afraid that the color of decal on the silver will get hold fast!!

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

I love that metalic one but I personally will have the black one, riding the metalic one everyone will want to chase me down on the road.

survivor

by survivor

FrancescoB wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:54 pm
Thank you - appreciate you sharing your views. I'm starting to lean that way as well. Afraid that the color of decal on the silver will get hold fast!!
I'm not sure whether it's BMC or the dealers that are inconsistent with their module equipment/specification. There are dealers whose Stealth module came with the two piece ICS2 but with the price of the module with one piece carbon ICS. Their title, specification and description can also be very confusing. For example on RA Cycles page under specification it stated the bar and stem as BMC ICS Carbon One-Piece but under the detail description it stated "...Please note that the Stealth and Arctic Silver color options DO NOT come with an integrated cockpit and feature a two-piece bar/stem combo." So it would be best to check with respective dealer before placing the order.

card0s

by card0s

Hi, I'm sorry to dig this thread.
I am thinking of buying the Artic Silver frameset, I actually love the iridescent decals :)
Which one did you end up getting?

roadiewald

by roadiewald

I ordered the 2023 Teammachine SLR01 Two with a 61 cm frame. Does anyone know what stem length and stack height/spacers it usually comes with?
2023 BMC Teammachine SLR01 TWO, 61cm
2019 BMC Teammachine SLR01 Three, 61cm

TLN

by TLN

roadiewald wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:31 am
I ordered the 2023 Teammachine SLR01 Two with a 61 cm frame. Does anyone know what stem length and stack height/spacers it usually comes with?
it says it in geo details: 120/42cm, with max amount of stems: 35-40mm.
Would be happy to take frame off your hands if sizing doesn't work :-)
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

roadiewald

by roadiewald

TLN wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:54 pm
roadiewald wrote:
Deal! jk! :-) It took months to find a bike that I like, in my size and at a good price.It's good and bad at the same time if you need the extremely big frames. On the one hand they are a rare find in general but when a store has them they usually sit there longer than the common sizes. I got a 38% discount. Otherwise I would have not bought this bike. At full price these things are ridiculously expensive. There is a downside: I didn't get a chance to take it for a spin but I sat on a 2021 BMC Teammachine SLR01 before and that fit me well. Let's see what the 2023 version looks and feels like! Hopefully it will be shipped to me this week. If I can't make it fit we can talk.. ;-)
2023 BMC Teammachine SLR01 TWO, 61cm
2019 BMC Teammachine SLR01 Three, 61cm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TLN

by TLN

roadiewald wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:54 pm
TLN wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:54 pm
roadiewald wrote:
Deal! jk! :-) It took months to find a bike that I like, in my size and at a good price.It's good and bad at the same time if you need the extremely big frames. On the one hand they are a rare find in general but when a store has them they usually sit there longer than the common sizes. I got a 38% discount. Otherwise I would have not bought this bike. At full price these things are ridiculously expensive. There is a downside: I didn't get a chance to take it for a spin but I sat on a 2021 BMC Teammachine SLR01 before and that fit me well. Let's see what the 2023 version looks and feels like! Hopefully it will be shipped to me this week. If I can't make it fit we can talk.. ;-)
my post was JK too :)
I'm riding 60-61cm frames and usually getting a good deals too. I used to have SLR01 frame, which I never build, because of BB
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc