4iiiii Power Meter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CR987

by CR987

I was looking at buying a L/H crank 4iiiii Power meter so wanted to check if there was enough clearance on my Factor O2 VAM frame (rim brake).
They have a diagram on their website so you can check the clearance and it looks like it won't fit, however, I did the same check on 6 other bikes and none of them have enough clearance either.
Does anyone have one of these PM's and can measure how thick the PM is. I have a feeling they have have allowed for far too much space for safety???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

milanv

by milanv

CR987 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 pm
I was looking at buying a L/H crank 4iiiii Power meter so wanted to check if there was enough clearance on my Factor O2 VAM frame (rim brake).
They have a diagram on their website so you can check the clearance and it looks like it won't fit, however, I did the same check on 6 other bikes and none of them have enough clearance either.
Does anyone have one of these PM's and can measure how thick the PM is. I have a feeling they have have allowed for far too much space for safety???
Try to check it with AAA battery and your actual cranks...
https://4iiii.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... eck-A4.pdf

johanalexander

by johanalexander

My 2021 emonda 58cm didn't fit the chart either. However, in real world it turned out to fit with about 1 to 1,5mm clearance. Not much, I know but I have ridden approximately 2500km with it and no issues. Also done sprints at around 1200 watts. The moment the left crank passes by the chainstay there is virtually no power applied anyway.

I was also weary, so I got in contact with 4iiii's excellent customer service and was given these measurements:
Length: 37.7mm
Width: 27.6mm
Depth 7.5mm
Eating trash'n riding fast

CR987

by CR987

milanv wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:08 am
CR987 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 pm
Try to check it with AAA battery and your actual cranks...
https://4iiii.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... eck-A4.pdf
That is the clearance checker I used. Going by that diagram, the power meter wouldn't work with all the bikes I checked it against which I thought was strange.

CR987

by CR987

johanalexander wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:37 pm
My 2021 emonda 58cm didn't fit the chart either. However, in real world it turned out to fit with about 1 to 1,5mm clearance. Not much, I know but I have ridden approximately 2500km with it and no issues. Also done sprints at around 1200 watts. The moment the left crank passes by the chainstay there is virtually no power applied anyway.

I was also weary, so I got in contact with 4iiii's excellent customer service and was given these measurements:
Length: 37.7mm
Width: 27.6mm
Depth 7.5mm
Ahhhhh thanks, that depth number sounds like it may work. I will also contact them to double check.