New aero bike advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Luca199

by Luca199

Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a new bike with the new dura ace Di2 12-speed groupset for delivery in March-May 2022.

These are the options I have considered:
- factor ostro vam (780g frame)
- new Orbea orca 2022 (1150g frame)
- new canyon aeroad cfr 2021 (915g frame)
- pinarello dogma F (850g) - I currently have a dogma f12 so not too keen on having same brand/model, the differences are minimal compared to dogma f12 anyway.

Quite keen on the factor ostro due to the levels of customisation online and the very good customer service. The bike seems aero enough but also very lightweight for good climbing. Not sure about stiffness though..

Orbea orca and canyon aeroad cfr have better aesthetics and lines / colours, in my view, than the factor ostro, but are heavier and not sure how much stiffer.. can't find any info relevant online. Also lead times are much longer apparently, and there's no customisation on the build.

Which one would you go for and why?
Thanks for your advice :)

PS. Another option is the Merida reacto 2022 but can't find any stock online and there don't seem to be UK retailers (seems very difficult to get any stock).

rhgastur

by rhgastur

Just in case you don't know this one: BH Aerolight 2022. It ticks a few boxes: light-ish, aero, based on my experience with this brand it should be stiff. The fork of this bike... you hate it or you love it, but for an aero bike this thing should climb really well.
https://www.bhbikes.com › carretera
Bicicleta de Carretera AEROLIGHT 7.5 - BH Bikes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

Luca199 wrote:Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a new bike with the new dura ace Di2 12-speed groupset for delivery in March-May 2022.

- pinarello dogma F (850g) - I currently have a dogma f12 so not too keen on having same brand/model, the differences are minimal compared to dogma f12 anyway.

Quite keen on the factor ostro due to the levels of customisation online and the very good customer service. The bike seems aero enough but also very lightweight for good climbing. Not sure about stiffness though..

Orbea orca and canyon aeroad cfr have better aesthetics and lines / colours, in my view, than the factor ostro, but are heavier and not sure how much stiffer.. can't find any info relevant online. Also lead times are much longer apparently, and there's no customisation on the build.

PS. Another option is the Merida reacto 2022 but can't find any stock online and there don't seem to be UK retailers (seems very difficult to get any stock).
What is wrong with your current Dogma F12? You could just put 12-speed Di2 on it when parts become available.

I understand wanting a new bike, but refreshing what you have is nice too (and more sustainable).

Luca199

by Luca199

fa63 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:25 pm
Luca199 wrote:Hi all,

What is wrong with your current Dogma F12? You could just put 12-speed Di2 on it when parts become available.

I understand wanting a new bike, but refreshing what you have is nice too (and more sustainable).
Keen to have a second bike as the dogma is my only one at the moment. In case anything happened, I wouldn't have any backup anyway.

Luca

bobones

by bobones

I would stay well clear of Canyon given the current shitshow and their track record of not meeting delivery times.
The Orbea is a bit heavy and I just don't like the look of the bike and the brand lacks cachet for me.
The Factor Ostro looks a great bike and they're UK based with great customer service so I would go with that out of those 3. Alex Dowsett loves his and I am sure he would notice any lack of stiffness. I think it's a bit overpriced, but that's seems to be the way of things these days.

mgrl

by mgrl

Ostro is a good option, the tarmac sl7 is great too if you can find one

fa63

by fa63

Got you. In that case, I will put in another vote for the Ostro, seems like a good combination of aero and lightweight. I doubt stiffness will be an issue.
Luca199 wrote: Keen to have a second bike as the dogma is my only one at the moment. In case anything happened, I wouldn't have any backup anyway.

Luca

TourmaletteduFromage

by TourmaletteduFromage

I would go for the Reacto :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CR987

by CR987

I THINK I saw Factor are doing 30% off for Black Friday??

Edit: sorry, that is on the Factor Vista