Selle Italia SLR Boost Tekno Superflow by Dallara

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lillee

by Lillee

I think I have the only one or one of the only ones in Australia? I have number 104. Disappointingly it's 100g and not 96g but otherwise it is very nicely finished. Will post more once installed and ridden
Attachments
59C4339C-2097-4D81-B65A-CEA49E60BECE.jpeg
C53F52EE-BA63-4A19-804B-DDB680557617.jpeg

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Nice saddle! The SLR Boost Kit Carbonio is my favorite saddle ever. I wonder how this compares without padding

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ArtifactsInMotion

by ArtifactsInMotion

As a car enthusiast, throwing the Dallara name on something raises interest. Weight alone is impressive, but I would be curious of comfort long term compared to regular versions of the saddle.
'22 Orbea Orca Aero 57cm, DA92, Bontrager RSL62, GP5KSTR 28mm, Roval Rapide Cockpit, SLR Superflow Carbonio, 7.8kg

Lillee

by Lillee

ArtifactsInMotion wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:47 am
Weight alone is impressive
Yeah that was tongue in cheek about the 4g :wink:

It's going on my SL6 Ultralight Edition with Darimo seat post, I have the hard clamps but I might just give the Dyneema a go out of curiousity

Lillee

by Lillee

Mini review after 30min quick ride:

How long have you ridden regular SLR Boost Carbonio Superflow?

> 20,000kms, 3 other bikes with identical saddle. SLR and my butt are a perfect match :mrgreen:

Is this as comfy as the Regular SLR Boost Carbonio Superflow?

Slightly less, but not by much. About on par with the plastic version with titanium rails which I find to be stiffer than the Carbonio version. I have this on my indoor setup so maybe that might have something to do with it? I'd say it was about as comfy as the old SLR Tekno flow

Does the front of the saddle catch your bib shorts when you're sitting in your top tube at the traffic lights and start to take off like the old Tekno flow?

No! It's not as sharp nosed which I'm glad of!

Could you ride 100kms and 4hrs on this?

Without a doubt. I purposely rode over bumpy surfaces near me and it felt like a padded old model SLR Tekno saddle, I am amazed and relieved. It does soak up the big bumps well enough for a 100% carbon saddle.

How did you go with the Darimo and Dyneema compared to hard mounts?

Yeah good, installation requires some level of manual dexterity but otherwise once installed it feels quite secure. Only time will tell if it holds or not but so far it is beyond my expectations...

Anything else?

Yes, I noticed that the saddle is very smooth and my butt slips on it much more than the padded material on the other SLR models. It doesn't really effect comfort or performance overall but worth noting the initial strange sensation of slip sliding around on the saddle. I wear Castelli Free Aero Race 4.0 which tends to be quite
A smooth material perhaps? Will try it with Castelli Premio Black shorts and see how that goes.

Thanks for reading!
Attachments
169E1B15-658F-47AB-B258-F9C00A63D3CA.jpeg
EA83DDE9-1AF3-457B-A931-6D0614F0240E.jpeg
EC9668FA-FBCA-4406-8F77-CDE3E2FFBDDC.jpeg

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I've riden all carbon saddles for 10+ years and all of them are slippery. You get used to it. A lot like the first time with Speedplay pedals. Seriously sketchy until its not.

Lillee

by Lillee

Butcher wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:56 pm
I've riden all carbon saddles for 10+ years and all of them are slippery. You get used to it. A lot like the first time with Speedplay pedals. Seriously sketchy until its not.
Haha thanks, good to know!

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Lillee wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:03 am

> 20,000kms, 3 other bikes with identical saddle. SLR and my butt are a perfect match :mrgreen:

I wear Castelli Free Aero Race 4.0

You have good taste. I'm on the same combination of saddle (SLR Boost Kit Carbonio) and bibs (Free Aero Race 4.0), and it's so comfortable I'm scared to try anything else now. Haha

Lillee

by Lillee

BigBoyND wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:03 am
Lillee wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:03 am

I wear Castelli Free Aero Race 4.0

You have good taste. I'm on the same combination of saddle (SLR Boost Kit Carbonio) and bibs (Free Aero Race 4.0), and it's so comfortable I'm scared to try anything else now. Haha
Castelli Premio Black bib shorts!!! Trust me on this one, they are a level above! So good I bought 2!

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Nope. Can't risk it. Haha

Lillee

by Lillee

Went on several ~2hr ~50km rides with it finally (been terrible weather here) and I have to say it is as comfy as the plastic version of SLR Boost. Could defiantly do a 100kms on it without doubt. Overall it fits the purpose of what I need it for and although there may be others that are lighter I am scared that it will not fit my bum as well as SLR does so I am not willing to experiment.

RNAV

by RNAV

Lillee wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:25 am
Went on several ~2hr ~50km rides with it finally (been terrible weather here) and I have to say it is as comfy as the plastic version of SLR Boost. Could defiantly do a 100kms on it without doubt. Overall it fits the purpose of what I need it for and although there may be others that are lighter I am scared that it will not fit my bum as well as SLR does so I am not willing to experiment.
By any chance, have you ever ridden the SLR C59 (or any other SLR Superflow, non-boost)? That's what I currently ride, but haven't tried the boost shape yet.

Also, where did you purchase the saddle?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lillee

by Lillee

I have not ridden C59 as it's S3 and I need L3, but I have ridden a regular SLR superflow L3 and I would say the SLR is very little difference between it and the boost except that the boost doesn't hurt my two little boys as much since all my bikes are slammed and I'm on the drops for hours.